Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon/Dynon Skyview/PilotAware

Author
Skyboy999
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I use above with iPad but it is quite convoluted as:
‌1. To interface with Dynon, have to set iPad wifi to the Dynon, then SD 3rd Party device to Dynon Skyview, then Go Flying>Use Dynon Skyview, before I can download route to the Dynon; then
‌2. To interface with PilotAware, set iPad wifi to PAW, then SD 3rd Party device to PilotAware, then Go Flying>Use PilotAware
‌I appreciate there is no way around the wifi switching but it would save a lot of setting changes on SD if BOTH Dynon Skyview AND PilotAware could be selected in Setup>Third-Party Devices and BOTH could appear under Go Flying for selection as appropriate.

‌‌Also, if it was possible to send route to Dynon as option from Route menu rather than via 'Go Flying' that would help.

‌Possible?
‌Thanks
Skyboy999
Skyboy999
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)
SemperFi - 4/14/2018 11:02:46 AM
Set the Pilotaware tinkerware to fixed-IP and let it connect to the Dynon WiFi, so you access both there.

Sorry, don't understand this.

Skyboy999
Skyboy999
SemperFi - 4/16/2018 7:25:16 PM
Let the Pilotaware connect to the Dynon WiFi SSID, so both are in the same net on different fixed IPs.

I bow to your evident knowledge about networks although was previously advised it wasn't possible for both to coexist.

‌So this would avoid the need to switch WiFi connections but would still need changes to SD to differentiate between communication to Dynon (to upload route) and Pilotaware (for traffic)?.

‌Any comment from Skydemon?
‌Thanks

leemoore1966
leemoore1966
Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)
SemperFi - 4/16/2018 7:25:16 PM
Let the Pilotaware connect to the Dynon WiFi SSID, so both are in the same net on different fixed IPs.

I cannot see how this can be done (and I wrote the software!)
PilotAware is configured as a WiFi AccessPoint/Hotspot - not as a WiFi client

PilotAware can act as a Wired Client, but not a WiFi Client

Thx
Lee‌‌‌‌‌

Skyboy999
Skyboy999
Thanks to all who have replied re the wifi aspect- suspect this not possible for reasons stated.
H‌owever, could SkyDemon team please comment on feasibility of selecting BOTH SD and PAW as outlined in bullet 2 of my original post, and whether they will take this forward.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I assume you mean both Dynon and PilotAware. No, we have no current plans to allow selection of two devices. Is it really that much of a problem to find the one you want to use?
Skyboy999
Skyboy999
Tim Dawson - 5/2/2018 1:25:44 PM
I assume you mean both Dynon and PilotAware. No, we have no current plans to allow selection of two devices. Is it really that much of a problem to find the one you want to use?

Thanks Tim. Its not a one-off, it's every trip.... So, yes, a problem.
‌As SD is such a great planning tool, I obviously use it to plan my route then, before flight, I want to send to the Dynon so I can use its functionality and thence, e.g., to drive autopilot (bullet 1 of my op). However, in flight, I want to see traffic, via PilotAware, on my iPad running SD (bullet 2 on my op). Hence, to accomplish this requires all the faffing referred to in my original post. I accept the need to switch SSIDs- that's outside of your control- but if you could eliminate the need for multiple changes of settings within SD, each time, between SV and PAW, that would help immensely.

Skyboy999
Skyboy999
Skyboy999 - 5/2/2018 1:52:51 PM

As SD is such a great planning tool, I obviously use it to plan my route then, before flight, I want to send to the Dynon so I can use its functionality and thence, e.g., to drive autopilot (bullet 1 of my op). However, in flight, I want to see traffic, via PilotAware, on my iPad running SD (bullet 2 on my op). Hence, to accomplish this requires all the faffing referred to in my original post. I accept the need to switch SSIDs- that's outside of your control- but if you could eliminate the need for multiple changes of settings within SD, each time, between SV and PAW, that would help immensely.

Delighted this has been incorporated in latest release. Thanks Guys.

Aquanautics
Aquanautics
Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)Too Much Forum (212 reputation)
Skyboy999 - 12/22/2018 3:51:59 PM

As SD is such a great planning tool, I obviously use it to plan my route then, before flight, I want to send to the Dynon so I can use its functionality and thence, e.g., to drive autopilot (bullet 1 of my op). However, in flight, I want to see traffic, via PilotAware, on my iPad running SD (bullet 2 on my op). Hence, to accomplish this requires all the faffing referred to in my original post. I accept the need to switch SSIDs- that's outside of your control- but if you could eliminate the need for multiple changes of settings within SD, each time, between SV and PAW, that would help immensely.

Is it likely that after I have bought an updated UAvionix Sky Echo 2 and subscribed to Flarm with Sky Demon and displayed on my android pad, that I will be able to blue tooth appropriate information for display on an HUD? For cars various types of HUD are available for about £45 and would appear also suitable for aircraft. If not now is this something Sky Demon is considering developing?

Massimo Belloni
Massimo Belloni
Too Much Forum (735 reputation)Too Much Forum (735 reputation)Too Much Forum (735 reputation)Too Much Forum (735 reputation)Too Much Forum (735 reputation)Too Much Forum (735 reputation)Too Much Forum (735 reputation)Too Much Forum (735 reputation)Too Much Forum (735 reputation)
Aquanautics - 2/1/2019 2:42:09 PM
Skyboy999 - 12/22/2018 3:51:59 PM

Is it likely that after I have bought an updated UAvionix Sky Echo 2 and subscribed to Flarm with Sky Demon and displayed on my android pad, that I will be able to blue tooth appropriate information for display on an HUD? For cars various types of HUD are available for about £45 and would appear also suitable for aircraft. If not now is this something Sky Demon is considering developing?

Unluckily, over than the SD software connection, HUD systems does have another (much more important) problem: to be useful, the data should be visible with focus set to infinite. Just reflecting the data on a screen force the sight to focus at a shorter distance, loosing focus outside. Military (and the few civil) HUD does have a quite bulky optical systems to obtain this. There is no way to replace them with some kind of electronics, so an acceptable sized (and cost-effective) device for the vast majority of the SD users is now very hard to have.  See picture below about an effective HUD system.

Massimo Belloni

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search