Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Approach views in new SD version

Author
PeterGristwood
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I've just updated SD to v3.9.4.18044. There is a new facility under airfield Information called 'Aerial Photography' What seems to have gone missing is the views of the approaches that were in previous versions. 

D‌oes anyone know where these have gone, as the manual doesn't show it.‌
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
I'm not sure what you mean by "views of the approaches". Could you elaborate?

Oh, if you mean the ability to jump to runway thresholds, looking down the runway, you can bring up the What's Here menu for an airfield and jump to specific views like that, including the thresholds.
PeterGristwood
PeterGristwood
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 4/12/2018 9:45:39 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by "views of the approaches". Could you elaborate?

Oh, if you mean the ability to jump to runway thresholds, looking down the runway, you can bring up the What's Here menu for an airfield and jump to specific views like that, including the thresholds.

That's what I meant. On the earlier versions on the Explore tab it gave the runways and you could choose whichever you wanted to see the approach. That doesn't seem to be on the airfield information now; just the satellite/plan view

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
It's there, as I mentioned above.
George Reid
George Reid
Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 4/16/2018 4:24:37 PM
It's there, as I mentioned above.

I can't see that facility.  I only get a plan view when i select aerial photography. The previous implementation provided a slant view of the approaches.

George E A Reid

Ipad Mini 5,  IOS 14.4,  SD 3.15.0.288
PC(Win 10, Version 19041.804)  SD 3.15.0.0

FlightDek
FlightDek
Too Much Forum (699 reputation)Too Much Forum (699 reputation)Too Much Forum (699 reputation)Too Much Forum (699 reputation)Too Much Forum (699 reputation)Too Much Forum (699 reputation)Too Much Forum (699 reputation)Too Much Forum (699 reputation)Too Much Forum (699 reputation)
George

W‌hen in the Aerial Photography plan view select the airport again to get another What's Here menu.  The approach views are available from here.

‌‌‌At least they are on the android version

D‌ek‌
George Reid
George Reid
Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)
FlightDek - 4/20/2018 3:06:47 PM
George

W‌hen in the Aerial Photography plan view select the airport again to get another What's Here menu.  The approach views are available from here.

‌‌‌At least they are on the android version

D‌ek‌

Dek,

Thanks for that advice.  The technique works on IPAD also.  I never would have thought of doing that!

‌‌‌

George E A Reid

Ipad Mini 5,  IOS 14.4,  SD 3.15.0.288
PC(Win 10, Version 19041.804)  SD 3.15.0.0

PeterGristwood
PeterGristwood
Thanks for that. It was a bit counter-intuitive but once you know....‌‌
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search