Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Changing one iPad killed the registration for my iphone

Author
drnicolas
Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is this normal?

I have one copy of SD on an iPad mini an the other on my iphone. Worked.
Now I wanted to "transfer" the license of the iPad mini to another (bigger) iPad.
For this, I logged off the  iPad mini and logged in the new iPad. To be honest, it was very quick process; less than one minute
This worked, but it also killed the registrattion of the iphone‌.

Is this normal behaviour? The second license should have survived with this procedure, or did I something wrong?
‌‌‌‌

adhawkins
adhawkins
Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)
There is a limit on the number of 'simultaneous' logins to SkyDemon, I believe there's one limit for 'desktop' devices (which I think is 3) and another for 'mobile' devices. If you exceed this limit, then one of the devices is logged out.

Y‌ou should be able to simply log back i‌n to that device however.

A‌ndy‌
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
As Andy says, just log back in on your other device. You can have two simultaneous mobile device logins.
drnicolas
drnicolas
Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 2/20/2018 4:15:52 PM
As Andy says, just log back in on your other device. You can have two simultaneous mobile device logins.

Just to give you a short Feedback:
I recently changed again back from Ipad to another.
This time it worked without killing the license Registration for my iphone.

It seems, that there should be some time between logging in with the new machine. This time, i logged off with IPad no. 2, waited 1hour and logged in iPad No. 1 (does not have anything to do with types of iPad)‌‌‌‌
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search