Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Stratus 2 ADSB in receiver

Author
D
Too Much Forum (70 reputation)Too Much Forum (70 reputation)Too Much Forum (70 reputation)Too Much Forum (70 reputation)Too Much Forum (70 reputation)Too Much Forum (70 reputation)Too Much Forum (70 reputation)Too Much Forum (70 reputation)Too Much Forum (70 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am looking at going over to the USA this year to do some flying and was considering purchasing a Stratus 2 to use while over there (plus I plan to go over more often now anyway).

‌I was wondering whether the Stratus 2 ADSB receiver would work with Skydemon over here in the UK? I know that we don't have ADSB weather over here (and probably never will) but as it recognises Mode C it would be useful for traffic and also as a backup AHRS and GPS receiver. I just can't seem to find any information as to whether this will communicate with skydemon software or not. Can anyone help?

TouchTheSky
T
Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)
Diamondpilot - 1/27/2018 5:02:20 PM
I am looking at going over to the USA this year to do some flying and was considering purchasing a Stratus 2 to use while over there (plus I plan to go over more often now anyway).

‌I was wondering whether the Stratus 2 ADSB receiver would work with Skydemon over here in the UK? I know that we don't have ADSB weather over here (and probably never will) but as it recognises Mode C it would be useful for traffic and also as a backup AHRS and GPS receiver. I just can't seem to find any information as to whether this will communicate with skydemon software or not. Can anyone help?

I am not 100% sure but Stratus may only work with ForeFlight. I didn't know that is recognizes also Mode C, where did you get that from? ‌In UK I would certainly recommend PilotAware ...

Edited 1/27/2018 9:19:04 PM by TouchTheSky
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
As others have said, Stratus is really proprietary to Foreflight and SkyDemon doesn't have compatibility with it. I'm also pretty sure it doesn't detect mode C targets.
techie59
t
Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 1/29/2018 11:47:24 AM
As others have said, Stratus is really proprietary to Foreflight and SkyDemon doesn't have compatibility with it. I'm also pretty sure it doesn't detect mode C targets.

I build a stratux and it does connect with no issue with Skydemon. I still need to play with it, especially on the traffic part. The GPS works well. 

I‌ don't see a AHRS feature but again, need to play. Anyhow, it does connect with no issues.

E‌tienne‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
This thread is about Stratus, not Stratux.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search