Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Airfields names and identifiers ( LFMT, LFNG) do not appear correctly

Author
guille
Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Airfields names and identifiers do not appear following the importance of the field. At a zoom level of 500k, for example, LFMT, that is an international airport, does not appear (I mean the name and identifier) and LF3461, small microlight field, appears !!! It is necessary to zoom to 100k to make LFMT and LFNG appear. I believe this problem did not existed some time ago. This problem concerns the PC and IPAD versions of SD. More curious, LFNG, smaller than LFMT, appears at 250k, LFMT only at 100k.
Edited 1/16/2018 2:30:12 PM by guille
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
Can you post a screenshot?

This isn't a really a bug. SkyDemon is unable to display the label for that airfield because at t‌he zoom level you have selected, and with the label type you have selected (multi-line so quite large) there isn't enough room to draw it without obscuring something else important, such as a VRP or radio navigation aid. A screenshot will make it clear.‌
guille
guille
Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 1/16/2018 4:31:17 PM
Can you post a screenshot?

This isn't a really a bug. SkyDemon is unable to display the label for that airfield because at t‌he zoom level you have selected, and with the label type you have selected (multi-line so quite large) there isn't enough room to draw it without obscuring something else important, such as a VRP or radio navigation aid. A screenshot will make it clear.‌

Ok, I understand. If I eliminate the VRP and VOR, the names appear. It is the fact that around LFMT there are a lot of important things. It is a good point for SD, not a bug !!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
We really should turn off radio navigation aids by default. I don't see what they add to a GPS moving map except clutter.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search