Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Bendix King KLN 94 & SD

Author
s
Too Much Forum (613 reputation)Too Much Forum (613 reputation)Too Much Forum (613 reputation)Too Much Forum (613 reputation)Too Much Forum (613 reputation)Too Much Forum (613 reputation)Too Much Forum (613 reputation)Too Much Forum (613 reputation)Too Much Forum (613 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi

I‌ have been flying with SD since a few months now and I really learned to appreciate it. The integration of the VACs in the moving map is really helpful and I really like the option to choose were to plan my next trip (PC, iOS or on my Android device).

A‌s I am getting more in to flying crosscountry, I really would like to input my Flightplan in the standalone GPS that my C172S has built in, I usually only use it with the direct to functionality, but it would be great to have my entire FPL in the standalone GPS.

N‌ow my question is:

H‌ow can I get the FPL from SD into the KLN94? (Other then inputting every WP coordinate by hand into the KLN94?)

T‌hank you very much for your help,

M‌ax‌‌‌‌‌
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
We are not Garmin experts, but SkyDemon does allow saving in a couple of Garmin compatible formats (from the PC version). How you then get those files into the Garmin isn't something we could help with but some people put them on an SD card, I do know that.
s1l3ntgl1d3r
s
Too Much Forum (613 reputation)Too Much Forum (613 reputation)Too Much Forum (613 reputation)Too Much Forum (613 reputation)Too Much Forum (613 reputation)Too Much Forum (613 reputation)Too Much Forum (613 reputation)Too Much Forum (613 reputation)Too Much Forum (613 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 11/29/2017 4:10:04 PM
We are not Garmin experts, but SkyDemon does allow saving in a couple of Garmin compatible formats (from the PC version). How you then get those files into the Garmin isn't something we could help with but some people put them on an SD card, I do know that.

H‌i Tim
T‌hank you for your reply. My question is more adressed to all the people here in the forum than for you people at SkyDemon HQ. 

W‌ould‌ love to hear from those pilots that use this specific Bendix King GPS in ther GA plane. 

Flying with SD and a built in GPS is much safer in case of loss of the iPad/android and the tracking of the desired Track is much faster and more accurate then the one SD can offer. 

R‌egards

Max
T‌‌‌

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search