Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Feature Request - Set zero wind

Author
plume_tray
Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
On iOS, when you go to Weather > Set Wind Conditons for Flight, you can manually enter the wind figures for all or individual legs.

It would be nice, if there was a button on that window to set wind to 000/00, rather than typing it.

Reason being, I often have to plan lots of flights in the future using still wind conditions (for example quoting for charter jobs many months ahead), and every time, I have to set wind conditions manually. Having a button to zero the wind would help by saving unnecessary key entry each time.

Alternatively, provide a wind toggle in the Weather drop-down, which would toggle between zero wind and actual/forecast wind.

Either way helps.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
If you set your takeoff time in the future (which presumably is the case) SkyDemon will use zero wind. Are you not seeing that?
plume_tray
plume_tray
Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)
That's interesting, I never knew that. When I've checked the wind, it would always say auto unless changed manually so assumed it was getting wind data. Creating a route and reversing it does indeed prove it works.

How far in the future do you have to go before it uses zero wind?

Of course, I could set a date next week but it would be handy to know exactly how far ahead for future reference.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
I think our wind forecast data goes out to around 24 hours ahead.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search