Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Flying across borders

Author
Q
Too Much Forum (249 reputation)Too Much Forum (249 reputation)Too Much Forum (249 reputation)Too Much Forum (249 reputation)Too Much Forum (249 reputation)Too Much Forum (249 reputation)Too Much Forum (249 reputation)Too Much Forum (249 reputation)Too Much Forum (249 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I’m planning a flight from Hungary to Croatia and this will be the first time I will cross a border. Can I just cross the border at any point I wish (obv it should not be restricted AS), or do I need to fly via a specific way point?

Thanks,
Q
Daniel Sinn
Daniel Sinn
Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)
Quenos - 11/18/2017 11:38:28 AM
Hi,I’m planning a flight from Hungary to Croatia and this will be the first time I will cross a border. Can I just cross the border at any point I wish (obv it should not be restricted AS), or do I need to fly via a specific way point?Thanks,Q

Hello,
if there are border crossing points available, you should prefer to use them in your flightplan. If there are no border crossing points available, i actually use a waypoint in my departure country near to the border and a waypoint in my arrival country near to the border.
Additionally you have to fill in Field 18 of the flightplan your EET (estimated elapsed time) till the crossing of the flight info region. For Example EET/LDZO0030 if you fly 30minutes from your departure to the border.
Additionally in Slovenia / Coatia you have VFR-Routes to follow (with waypoints).

Hope that i am right with that ;-)

Greetings from Austria
Daniel‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
SkyDemon will fill in the EET in your flightplan automatically, for all flight information regions you enter. Whether you have to cross at a specific point will depend on the rules of the country you're flying into.
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)
I regularly fly from Hungary to Croatia and Slovenia. It's just a quick dash down to the Mediterranean and a  beautiful flight.

In your flightplan you need to cross the border at on of the numerous reporting points. You will need to enter this point as part of your route description in your flight plan. And you will need to provide the flight time to that point (in the remarks section preceded by EET/.

‌You wi‌ll also need to specify that point by its name and not by its coordinates. Therefore either edit the flight plan generated by SD manually or file a flight plan online.

Greetings, -- Chris.‌‌

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search