Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

NightVFR - The 2017 GER-EDR150 thread

Author
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
There is no change to our plans for EDR150 at present.

We are not responsible for writing that NOTAM.‌‌
ch.ess
c
Too Much Forum (513 reputation)Too Much Forum (513 reputation)Too Much Forum (513 reputation)Too Much Forum (513 reputation)Too Much Forum (513 reputation)Too Much Forum (513 reputation)Too Much Forum (513 reputation)Too Much Forum (513 reputation)Too Much Forum (513 reputation)
SemperFi - 11/16/2017 7:06:58 AM
Tim Dawson - 11/15/2017 12:17:52 PM
There is no change to our plans for EDR150 at present.

We are not responsible for writing that NOTAM.

But you could at least show us the airspace, if you just wanted to.

I guess you found this in the meantime ?
and this... ?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
There is no official, legal definition of that airspace in Germany. We are working with Eurocontrol and the German authorities to address this. Do not expect an overnight result.
ch.ess
c
Too Much Forum (513 reputation)Too Much Forum (513 reputation)Too Much Forum (513 reputation)Too Much Forum (513 reputation)Too Much Forum (513 reputation)Too Much Forum (513 reputation)Too Much Forum (513 reputation)Too Much Forum (513 reputation)Too Much Forum (513 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 7/23/2018 2:04:52 PM
There is no official, legal definition of that airspace in Germany. We are working with Eurocontrol and the German authorities to address this. Do not expect an overnight result.
Tim,

I continue to be amazed what issues you uncover by way of implementing certain things on the SD maps.

One wonders how the authorities want to tell if I am in or out of the EDR150 based on a thick line on a small map (as per publication) if there are no clear coordinates that they can communicate in standard terms... Breach of an EDR is (in other cases) not a lightly taken issue.

That must have occurred to someone ?

Edited 7/25/2018 10:55:37 PM by ch.ess
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Judging from the responses we've seen from DFS and elsewhere, I would expect it would be very difficult to prove somebody was inside the "airspace" as no formal definition exists. The only "definition" is diagrammatic in nature.

SemperFi, perhaps you should offer your excellent math services to DFS as they apparently need someone to do this for them.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Yes, we are very familiar with that document. Spend more than ten minutes trying to do what you suggest (creating the routes as per the corridor definitions) and you will see that your work-in-progress already differs considerably from the diagrammatic "official source" picture of the airspace.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
As I have said, the diagrammatic chart is the only official document used to depict that airspace.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
I can't really elaborate. It's what I've been told by DFS and I have no further information than that.

Your assertion that civilian pilots should be expected to check the military AIP for a country of destination or overflight is untrue.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
I can't help wondering what it is you are hoping to achieve here. I might as well save you some time by explaining that our decisions about EDR150 will NOT change until such time as its definition is updated by German authorities and its new definition is promulgated for such usage.
Daniel Sinn
Daniel Sinn
Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)
He just wants to achieve, that the mentioned routes are displayed in the SD software.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search