Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

RNAV waypoints of IFR SIDs and approaches

Author
dirk64
Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, I am using Skydemon a couple of years now for VFR flights and I love it! I know Skydemon is designed for VFR and not designed and verified for IFR. But flying IFR I like to have Skydemon for planing and also an an additional backup in flight. I gives me sometimes more situation awareness than the GNS 430. Airway mode and the list of IFR way points helps a lot, but when planing a flight I am missing the RNAV way points listed in the arrival and departure charts - like e.g. LP100, LP 102 etc. of EDLP. I added some way points as user way points for my favored airfields but this is hard work for each airfield flying to.
I‌s it possible to add these way points to the Skydemon data base - of course with an "Show Airfield RNAV way points" option?

T‌hanks Dirk‌
Attachments
Capture.PNG (703 views, 245.00 KB)
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
This data is currently beyond the scope of our aeronautical database, sorry.
drnicolas
drnicolas
Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)
dirk64 - 10/30/2017 10:01:05 AM
Hi, I am using Skydemon a couple of years now for VFR flights and I love it! I know Skydemon is designed for VFR and not designed and verified for IFR. But flying IFR I like to have Skydemon for planing and also an an additional backup in flight. I gives me sometimes more situation awareness than the GNS 430. Airway mode and the list of IFR way points helps a lot, but when planing a flight I am missing the RNAV way points listed in the arrival and departure charts - like e.g. LP100, LP 102 etc. of EDLP. I added some way points as user way points for my favored airfields but this is hard work for each airfield flying to.
I‌s it possible to add these way points to the Skydemon data base - of course with an "Show Airfield RNAV way points" option?

T‌hanks Dirk‌

You can have a lot of "enroute" waypoints shown in SD.
Plan a route e.g. with autorouter; Then you can get the complete route as a mail attachment and open this on your iPad.
Switch your map to IFR-enroute and you will be satisfied - At least if you do not want to have waypoints specifc to SIDs and STARs.
Some of the waypoints may be identical, but not all. The GPS overlay waypoints or xx100 waypoints are not!.
I think this is suficient, as you can have a good ‌‌‌‌visualisation of your complete route while the exact SID/STAR is part of your GNS. The Screen size of a 430 is definitely too small. But the combination of a SD and GNS430/530 should give you a good situational awareness.
SD is definitely not the right tool when it Comes to IFR flying at the Moment.
‌‌‌‌

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search