Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Deactivate Touchscreen while navigating

Author
D
Too Much Forum (265 reputation)Too Much Forum (265 reputation)Too Much Forum (265 reputation)Too Much Forum (265 reputation)Too Much Forum (265 reputation)Too Much Forum (265 reputation)Too Much Forum (265 reputation)Too Much Forum (265 reputation)Too Much Forum (265 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello there,

I had my first longer flight with SkyDemon yesterday and  I have to say, I am really impressed. Only one thing nagged me all the time: Since I have the tablet with me and not solid built-in in the cockpit, it stays on the knees of my Co. And in some turbulent athmosphere, it happens, that you touch the display even if you don't want to - and you start a funcionality then that wasn't intended. So my intention is, that SkyDemon should have a button to disable the touch-functionality, unless this button is touched once again. Even better would be an option, to even deactivate ALL touch-functions from Android while navigation mode is enabled. Since I am new to SkyDemon, perhaps there already is an option for this and I might have overseen it?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Best regards, Tobias‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
There is no such function, but everything important in flight is essentially locked anyway. Your route cannot be changed without unlocking it, and a temporary accidental move of the map will revert after 15 seconds. Perhaps you could explain further about what you're worried about changing accidentally?
DocMarten
D
Too Much Forum (265 reputation)Too Much Forum (265 reputation)Too Much Forum (265 reputation)Too Much Forum (265 reputation)Too Much Forum (265 reputation)Too Much Forum (265 reputation)Too Much Forum (265 reputation)Too Much Forum (265 reputation)Too Much Forum (265 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 9/25/2017 1:06:16 PM
There is no such function, but everything important in flight is essentially locked anyway. Your route cannot be changed without unlocking it, and a temporary accidental move of the map will revert after 15 seconds. Perhaps you could explain further about what you're worried about changing accidentally?

Hi Tim,

thanks for your answer. The thing isn't rather the functions of SD itself, but the functionalities of Android (Disable WLAN, Bluetooth, change brightness of the screen etc.) I would be very happy, if there was a possibility‌‌, by pressing the "screen off"-button on the side of your Android-Tablet, you could decide whether you want the screen to go off or to only lock the touchscreen. For me this would be very helpful in turbulent air...

Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
My normal use of SD is via a small, panel mounted, Samsung smartphone. I only touch the screen when I need to.
For one flight I did try using my Android 7" tablet that was attached to my kneepad.
I found it very easy to accidentally touch/move the SD‌ display, especially in turbulent wx, 
I did find that disconcerting as I then had to spend more time looking inside, rather than outside, the cockpit to get SD back to the desired mode.
If feasible, some kind of screen lock function would be a good idea .
Tony‌
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
If this is Android, there may be an app which can do it. Or it may even be part of the operating system.

Although we could technically implement a screen locking thing in SkyDemon (but we don't want to for the reasons I outlined above) we couldn't prevent the user from having access to the operating system level stuff like wifi, Bluetooth etc. ‌‌
DocMarten
D
I've found a solution, that works perfect for me. Found it in the Playstore, it is called "Touch Lock" - now nothing can disturb the navigation in turbulent air.

Thanks anyway!

Tobias‌‌
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search