Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Add lock button to planned routes

Author
n
Too Much Forum (84 reputation)Too Much Forum (84 reputation)Too Much Forum (84 reputation)Too Much Forum (84 reputation)Too Much Forum (84 reputation)Too Much Forum (84 reputation)Too Much Forum (84 reputation)Too Much Forum (84 reputation)Too Much Forum (84 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
While chatting with a friend about skydemon, he was telling me how he does not and cannot rely on it as any sort of primary navigation tool ever since an issue where his wife touched the screen and accidentally ruined his relatively complex routing. We both thought it might be a nice feature to have a lock option somewhere on screen that would prevent modifications to the given route without first touching the lock button to unlock it, thereby preventing accidental modifications.
adhawkins
adhawkins
Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)
noirsette - 9/18/2017 8:46:17 AM
While chatting with a friend about skydemon, he was telling me how he does not and cannot rely on it as any sort of primary navigation tool ever since an issue where his wife touched the screen and accidentally ruined his relatively complex routing. We both thought it might be a nice feature to have a lock option somewhere on screen that would prevent modifications to the given route without first touching the lock button to unlock it, thereby preventing accidental modifications.

He could always have just re-loaded the route...

A‌ndy‌

Gerhard66
G
Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)
1. There is an UNDO button.

2. in flight (Navigation Mode), the routes are locked. You need a double tap to change it.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Routes are locked in flight to prevent accidental changes, and that's the way it has always been. You can unlock a route for changes temporarily by tapping it before dragging it, but that is very hard to do accidentally.

We are very happy with the way SkyDemon currently works in this regard and have no plans to add any additional locking mechanisms. ‌‌
RichG
R
Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)
Pity, I had an instance yesterday where an unnoticed accidental tap moved part of the route from the departure airfield and shifted it through a Danger Area! Had I not been familiar with the area that would have been an incursion.

This has happened to me twice, and to others too.

It would seem a lock route function would be really sensible!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search