Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

NEAREST

Author
lalnaes
Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I've been an avid user of SkyDemon for several years and think it is the best navigation app there is. On a recent trip, however, it occurred to me that SkyDemon is missing a useful feature that my Dynon SkyView displays have; a NEAREST button. When flying in unfamiliar airspace ATC might ask you to report at for instance a specific VOR or VRP. These may be difficult to find on the map when one is busy flying and looking out for traffic.

Would it be possible to add a "Nearest" tab Next to NOTAM-Weather-Airfields-Flight and a submenu With Airfields, VRP, Navaid, etc.?

‌Best
Leif‌

ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)
I support that suggestion. Would be useful to have. A "Nearest" tab on the sidebar would slide open on tapping and reveal a list of airports, VFR reporting points, NAVAIDs and maybe even geographical features (towns, landmarks, etc.) sorted by distance from current position. Choosing one from the list would highlight it on the map. Maybe a "long tap" would open a separate list giving me the option to either "Show on Map" (the default), "Track waypoint", "Insert waypoint into route" (between current position and next point on the route).

Greetings, -- Chris.‌‌

TouchTheSky
T
Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)
A long push of the SkyDemon button in the top left corner that appears in the flight mode does exactly what you want.
lalnaes
lalnaes
Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)
As far as I can see, the long push only shows airfields, not navaids, VRP's, etc.
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)
The long tap of the SD orb just allows you to choose going directly to one of the nearest airports. No tracking possible. No insertion into the active route. And, of course, only airports n

-- Chris.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)
I do like the idea and would support this just as soon as we can get rid of one or two of the existing tabs in flight.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search