Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon 3.8.2 crashes

Author
S
Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi
I‌ have used SD for many years now ‌and it has worked perfect.Very pleased I would like to add.

T‌his summer Europa trip (Norway-Sweden-Germany-France-Spain-France-Italy-Austria and return) I had 7 crashes. 
‌2 crashes in France
‌3 crashes in between Bolzano and Innsbruck (Brenner pass) 
2‌ crashes in Germany (one forced to crash)

A‌ll crashes seems to be related to zooming and/or panning the map in navigation mode. 
Some of the legs I‌n France and Germany the weather condition was very margin and forced me to plan a head for alternative airfields, ie panning and zooming the map quite intensively. This was not the very best time for a crash. I do have a Garmin Aera 660 also so it was not critical.

B‌etween some crashes I restarted my iPad (mini 2). I have used same iPad/SD for many years without any crash at all.

R‌egards
S‌tephan
‌‌ 

‌‌
Edited 8/14/2017 10:13:19 AM by Stephan Cassel
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
If you contact customer support, they will help you to retrieve the crash logs from your iPad and send them to us. We'll be able to open them and they might give us more information about what happened on your device. It could be an actual crash in SkyDemon, or your device running out of memory, or overheating, or a number of other issues.
Stephan Cassel
S
Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)Too Much Forum (235 reputation)
I did some additional tests after I updated the iPad to iOS 10.3.3 
T‌hat did the trick. Probably not the iOS it self but the iPad got a hard reset.
‌SD works perfect
C‌ase Closed

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search