Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Automatic Logbook

Author
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you for that valuable contribution. As I'm sure you remember, taxiing should be at a fast walking speed, so your idea of a 10mph threshold wouldn't cut it for an automatic detection of off-block time.

You are very welcome to continue to use another product; we only ever expect people to use SkyDemon if they find it fits their needs. ‌‌
DMOIN
DMOIN
Too Much Forum (872 reputation)Too Much Forum (872 reputation)Too Much Forum (872 reputation)Too Much Forum (872 reputation)Too Much Forum (872 reputation)Too Much Forum (872 reputation)Too Much Forum (872 reputation)Too Much Forum (872 reputation)Too Much Forum (872 reputation)
Hi Tim,
‌you are welcome....

‌The threshold must support real conditions. 10mph was just an example and If it is 25mph it is fine for me. I hope your are not that short minded as your answer makes me feel. If so, than it is more than doubtful if you understand Pilot's needs. Fact is, taxiing speed must be below the speed this plane will lift.....and high enough not to detect fast movements. In ANP, a fast moving is recognized and if the plane has not lifted after a while, this "flight" simply is "not closed" and will be deleted automatically. Only the entire flight form taxiing, lift of, flying, landing taxiing and "no movement", generates the logbook entry....Air Navigation pro is capable to manage this since years. Their issues currently are different.

Is there someone from Skydemon, beside you, who is professional enough to have a conversation on a certain level about his?

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
DMOIN - 4/13/2018 2:04:44 PM
Hi Tim,
‌you are welcome....

‌The threshold must support real conditions. 10mph was just an example and If it is 25mph it is fine for me. I hope your are not that short minded as your answer makes me feel. If so, than it is more than doubtful if you understand Pilot's needs. Fact is, taxiing speed must be below the speed this plane will lift.....and high enough not to detect fast movements. In ANP, a fast moving is recognized and if the plane has not lifted after a while, this "flight" simply is "not closed" and will be deleted automatically. Only the entire flight form taxiing, lift of, flying, landing taxiing and "no movement", generates the logbook entry....Air Navigation pro is capable to manage this since years. Their issues currently are different.

Is there someone from Skydemon, beside you, who is professional enough to have a conversation on a certain level about his?

You obviously have no idea who you are dealing with! Tim is not only the Managing Director and chief software architect at SD but he is also a pilot, having gained his PPL in 2006.

E‌dited to add:- I have no affiliation with SD, other than as a very satisfied user, and the above information‌ is readily available on SD's website if you bothered to check for yourself.

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

Edited 4/13/2018 4:15:25 PM by Sky Painter
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
DMOIN, I think further discussion on this topic isn't likely to yield results. We like to do things right or not at all, and our threshold for implementing features is not likely to be the same as that of other companies. If another company's product does things better overall for your personal usage, I suggest you use that product instead of SkyDemon.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search