Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Clickable yellow waypoints & Noise Abatement

Author
Vincent EHHV
Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all, I fly with SD for a long safe & happy time now. And so do many friends in my flying community. One thing that bothers me a bit is the social acceptance of our beautiful hobby, especially regarding aircraft noise. I live in the center of the very crowded The Netherlands. I always try not to overfly built up area's when there is no reason to do so (but I am surely no holy saint in this myself...). But, when preparing a navigation plan in SD the route is very easily clickable on cities and villages (yellow waypoint dots). So pilots (often with ANR headsets and sometimes not very aware of the noise production of their beautiful plane) click on city centers in stead of self chosen "I Follow Road & River" landmarks. Most pilots I fly with fly their route exactly over the planned magenta line. Do you understand my point? What would happen if you just leave the clickable waypoint dots out? Cheers!
Edited 7/28/2017 10:32:33 AM by Vincent EHHV
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I imagine lots of people would become irritated and demand that we put them back. Not unreasonably.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search