Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Frequency of airports in Map

Author
C
Too Much Forum (98 reputation)Too Much Forum (98 reputation)Too Much Forum (98 reputation)Too Much Forum (98 reputation)Too Much Forum (98 reputation)Too Much Forum (98 reputation)Too Much Forum (98 reputation)Too Much Forum (98 reputation)Too Much Forum (98 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

it is a good habbit when cross country flying, to switch on the frequencies of local airports you are flying by, e.g. to check for parachute jumping, etc. I would appreciate, if the frequencies of the airports are directly visible in the sky demon charts (maybe switchable) like we have it in paper charts.

Thanky for considering this.

Michael
‌‌‌‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
This is not something we are willing to do, because a) lots of airports have multiple frequencies and b) all you need to do is touch such an airfield in flight and all its frequencies are displayed. With such easy access to the information, the map is much better un-cluttered.
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)
Don't confuse a paper map with an electronic interactive map. The latter is much mor epowerful in that it can display various sets of information depending on flight progress and user interaction. It is actually a shortcoming of paper maps to have to print everything you ever might want to see. The result is clutter and the danger of missing important information.

It would be a mistake pusing SD in the direction of plain paper maps.

-- Chris.‌‌

ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)Too Much Forum (64K reputation)
SemperFi - 7/30/2017 8:24:15 AM
The frequencies are already available when flying, under the blue marble and Radio. It may be nice to have this button one click away in flight, instead of todays two, but printed on charts is a no with me.

And you only get a portion of the required radio frequencies of your flight. On a longer flight I don't get the destination airport frequency until I get closer. While not a real problem, I never feel quite sure that SD will give me the right frequency when I need it so that omission causes me some adrenalin.
My sug‌gestion: make a complete scrollable list of all required (and potentially required) frequencies and scroll automatically to the current position in the list when you open it. You would still be possible to "look ahead" by scrolling down. And you would keep the benefit of getting the likely required frequencies for the immediate future in one glance.

-- Chris.‌‌

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search