Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

FIS Freq disappearing when black Traffic Radar popps in

Author
BerndHS
Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am using 3.8.2.24057 on an older Nexus 7. Performance is really great especially since the latest enhancements in displaying maps.
There is still one (last?) thing which is a bit boring to me: I usually use the tablet in portrait format when flying. So there is not too much space in width to display the virtual radar ‌in the bottom. But I can always see my current FIS Freq and the next one after the coming FIR area boundary. This is a very comfortable feature which I really appreciate.
‌I also have FLARM connected which works as expected. But when the first traffic appears, the black traffic radar screen pops in and the FIS Freq displays disappear and never comes back. I also could not figure out a way to get rid of that black radar screen. I already have all information in the map if traffic appears so I really don't need this additional screen. But it stays there even if there is no traffic anywhere.
‌I would suggest to have an option in the instruments selection list that lets you decide whether you want to use it or not. In addition: Why does the Freq Info disappear ? I could live with the radar screen if the FIS Freq would be still visible.

‌Anyway - Thanks for this Great Product !!!
BerndHS‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
FIS frequencies are only displayed if the virtual radar is at least a specified width, and the traffic radar takes away from that width.

We don't really have a goo‌d solution for that at the moment. Screen space is at a premium.‌
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search