Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Custom Data

Author
hughmurray
Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)Too Much Forum (571 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
1) The drop down in the Custom Data Editor for radio options (A/G, Approach, Tower etc) needs to have "SafetyCom" included. 

2) I created Custom Data for the private airstrip at Knettishall (5 miles NE RAF Honnington on CAA chart) and the length and width figures on the runway appear upside down!  Otherwise the plate is superb.

3) The Custom Data I created in Plan did not synchronise to SD Mobile.  I tried manually copying the Custom Data file onto SD Mobile and it worked but auto synchronisation would be better.

Love the product.

Hugh

Hugh Murray

PPL and member of Arrow Syndicate G-AYAC

KevPilot
KevPilot
Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)
I also need to ad COM feqs to airfields.

At ENCN we need to contact AD Officials on COM to get a gate opened to be able to taxi from the hangar to the strip. At some fields there are also Sporting Frequenses used wich is not published since these are mostly private.

Things like this is all around, and the ability to add COMs via custom data would be appreciated!

Thanks

kevin

bsdchapman
bsdchapman
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
Umm... SAFETYCOM is used at airfields without designated RTF. So why include it with airfield data? NOT having a radio frequency implies use SAFETYCOM.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
You can add whatever frequency designations you like; the dropdown includes only suggestions. As the other poster said, though, SafetyCom is implied by lack of other frequencies so I wouldn't add it personally.

Custom data is not supported for syncing to SkyDemon Mobile. If there's a strip in the UK that we don't have, email us about it and we'll create a plate for it.

Alexey
Alexey
Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.9K reputation)
hughmurray (30/03/2011)

3) The Custom Data I created in Plan did not synchronise to SD Mobile. I tried manually copying the Custom Data file onto SD Mobile and it worked but auto synchronisation would be better.

Hugh

Hugh, in which folder of SD Mobile you have to put custom data file? Or whole directory "Custom Data"? Do you need to rename file or any other manipulations?

And then Tim answered that custom data sync is not supported, if it can be done copying file manually, I wonder why it is so difficult to automate? It leads to more important question to Tim: is manual method is safe or it could create some problems with data integrity?

But really it would be good to be able synchronize custom data. If you have it on PC, usually it means you would like to have it in flight.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Data integrity is exactly why we don't automatically synchronise custom data. Firstly, most people do not use custom data and never will. For those that do, we want to avoid situations where SkyDemon is forced to make decisions about which custom data files should be copied and which not, what happens when there are files to overwrite, what happens when there are old files with different names on the device etc. For those people who want to create custom data we ask that they copy the files manually, that's all.
Tope kayode
T
Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)
Wondering if anyone knows how to import KMZ or KML to skydemon map? 
BJS
B
Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)Too Much Forum (177 reputation)
Tope kayode - 4/9/2022 12:47:47 PM
Wondering if anyone knows how to import KMZ or KML to skydemon map? 

Wrong Software, you can do this in ForeFlight, if mentioning the competition is pc here.
In Skydemon sofar, you have to go via PDF and some tinkering Tim Dawson does not like.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search