Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

FPL accepted

Author
v
Too Much Forum (84 reputation)Too Much Forum (84 reputation)Too Much Forum (84 reputation)Too Much Forum (84 reputation)Too Much Forum (84 reputation)Too Much Forum (84 reputation)Too Much Forum (84 reputation)Too Much Forum (84 reputation)Too Much Forum (84 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi guys and girls!

just  submitted my first ATS flight plan via SD Smile always did this at self-briefing stations at the AD before‌‌. So I was wondering about the FPL status. On my SD account on your HP it states: 'Status: filed'. Will it be changed to 'accepted' the time the authorities accept the fpl? Or will I have to ask them directly, like stated in the confirmation e-mail received from SD?

I'm used to receiving an e-mail from Austro Control that my FPL has been accepted... so sorry if it's an obviously stupid question!

Thx for your help Wink‌‌

‌‌‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
There is no international standard for "accepted" messages for VFR flightplans. Some authorities reply to flightplans filed through SkyDemon (which we route to you via email) saying if there is a problem or it has been accepted. I do not know whether AustroControl do this, but I suspect AustroControl would rather you use their own service to file. It might be worth contacting them to ask how they "accept" or "reject" VFR flightplans filed through providers other than their own gateway.
Servatius
S
Too Much Forum (234 reputation)Too Much Forum (234 reputation)Too Much Forum (234 reputation)Too Much Forum (234 reputation)Too Much Forum (234 reputation)Too Much Forum (234 reputation)Too Much Forum (234 reputation)Too Much Forum (234 reputation)Too Much Forum (234 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 7/10/2017 11:09:41 AM
There is no international standard for "accepted" messages for VFR flightplans. Some authorities reply to flightplans filed through SkyDemon (which we route to you via email) saying if there is a problem or it has been accepted. I do not know whether AustroControl do this, but I suspect AustroControl would rather you use their own service to file. It might be worth contacting them to ask how they "accept" or "reject" VFR flightplans filed through providers other than their own gateway.

Servatius
S
Too Much Forum (234 reputation)Too Much Forum (234 reputation)Too Much Forum (234 reputation)Too Much Forum (234 reputation)Too Much Forum (234 reputation)Too Much Forum (234 reputation)Too Much Forum (234 reputation)Too Much Forum (234 reputation)Too Much Forum (234 reputation)
Servatius - 7/18/2017 10:53:07 AM
Tim Dawson - 7/10/2017 11:09:41 AM

After trying to file FPLs with the Skydemon feature in France and Switzerland, I realized that the standards and acceptance doesn't work reliable. Germany and Spain works properly, Netherlands and Denmark wasn't yet tested by me. It's very timesaving and comfortable to work with the Skydemon flight planning software and thereafter file the appropriate plan instantaneously by a click. However, if you need to check the acceptance again by phone or you need to refile with it's country own system, the timesaving options of the program vanish. That#s dissapointing but true. The curious thing is that the program is working with the same AFTN server in the US like all other commercial IFR program do. With the IFR plans it works properly, with the VFR plans it doesn't.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
IFR plans work in a completely different way to VFR plans.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search