Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Feature Request - Create Briefing Pack for Routes with Multiple Landings

Author
plume_tray
Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi

‌I'm sure I've seen this discussed somewhere in the past at least a year ago but still nothing has come up since. I would love to see this feature as it would make flight planning for charters a lot easier where theres a requirement to save weather, notams, blogs etc for AOC flights.

‌To reiterate, the basic idea is, if you had a route with multiple 'Land Here' sectors, you would have the option to create one Briefing Pack for the entire route, not just the selected sector. This one Briefing Pack would include individual plogs, fuel planning and weight & balance calculations for each sector (as this will tend to change based on fuel and payload), but could easily combine weather and notams for the entire route,

‌Please make it happen.

‌Thanks Pete
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Just to clarify, are you talking about planning multiple sectors which are likely to be executed over many days?
plume_tray
plume_tray
Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)Too Much Forum (7K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 7/3/2017 2:45:31 PM
Just to clarify, are you talking about planning multiple sectors which are likely to be executed over many days?

No, all same day.

drnicolas
drnicolas
Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)
plume_tray - 7/3/2017 2:58:39 PM

No, all same day.

Sounds interesting. Indeed a typical Weekend trip VFR has 2,3 or 4 legs with landings - may be for Training.
At the Moment I do use the "land here ‌" Feature, but get only one PLOG.
Indeed it would be nice to have a Checkbox like "create separate PLOGs for every leg".
‌But I see some pitfalls:
We Need complete separate PLOGs with included safety margins for fuel/time. but if SD Counts down fuel amount from ‌each leg, calculation will be more and more unprecise.
For example:
Build PLOGs for 3 legs with landings
Of course, SD has to take into account 3 times Approach/departure fuel and taxi. But it also would add 45' extra fuel for each leg - even if you don't Need it. The calculated fuel needed then will be much higher than your aircraft can carry.
Is that what you mean ?‌‌‌‌
‌‌
plume_tray
plume_tray
drnicolas - 7/4/2017 7:07:27 AM
plume_tray - 7/3/2017 2:58:39 PM

No, all same day.

Sounds interesting. Indeed a typical Weekend trip VFR has 2,3 or 4 legs with landings - may be for Training.
At the Moment I do use the "land here ‌" Feature, but get only one PLOG.
Indeed it would be nice to have a Checkbox like "create separate PLOGs for every leg".
‌But I see some pitfalls:
We Need complete separate PLOGs with included safety margins for fuel/time. but if SD Counts down fuel amount from ‌each leg, calculation will be more and more unprecise.
For example:
Build PLOGs for 3 legs with landings
Of course, SD has to take into account 3 times Approach/departure fuel and taxi. But it also would add 45' extra fuel for each leg - even if you don't Need it. The calculated fuel needed then will be much higher than your aircraft can carry.
Is that what you mean ?‌‌‌‌
‌‌

Skydemon already handles the fuel calculation for each sector and you already have the ability to input the fuel at the start of each sector. Its just a case of transferring this information into each plog(s).

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search