Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Conflicting information on using GAR

Author
multimagic
Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I have recently done 2 flights from  Liverpool to  Belfast and Liverpool to Isle of Man.
On both occasions, Skydemon  has  not given me the option to file a GAR online  in the flight details section.
Howvever if I depart from a non-designated  airport the option to file GAR appears.
So Skydemon is effectively telling me that I dont need to file a GAR when departing from a designated airfield.

This conflicts with the information Im getting from the arrival airfield, where on both recent flights Im told I MUST file a GAR if coming from the UK regardless of a designated airfield or not.  Trouble is that I cant file it via skydemon because the option doesnt appear.

So who is right?  Skydemon or  both  airfields I have flown to?   Do I file a GAR even though the option isnt appearing on Skydemon?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
The advice offered my SkyDemon is related to the UK mainland only. It will tell you if you need to file a GAR for the UK mainland. Our rules are digitised versions of the appendices at the end of the guidance notes at the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/general-aviation-operators-and-pilots-notification-of-flights‌‌
multimagic
multimagic
Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)Too Much Forum (161 reputation)
Is there any way to access the online GAR via skydemon if it doesnt show up on the flight details?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
No, there isn't.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search