Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

PowerFlarm and SkyDemon traffic display

Author
T
Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
T67M - 8/1/2017 7:36:29 PM
psuter - 7/31/2017 4:11:12 PM

the fact that you see all the flarm and ads-b traffic on the map now means you don't need to worry anymore that you are missing an important traffic 

Even PowerFLARM won't see ALL traffic. Anything not transponding some form of EC will be invisible and only your eyeballs will spot it. Mode A, C and S traffic will also not appear on the map, although you may get an alert from some of the of they're nearby.

Mode S traffic appears at least as a green circle on the map.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
But only one at a time, and it's up to Flarm to guess (completely) which is "closest" (has the highest signal strength) and therefore which it tells you about.
dins
d
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)
DerekBOPA - 6/20/2017 1:49:11 PM
HelloWe are considering installing the PowerFlarm Core unit within our Piper Archer. We understand that we will require external aerials, an Air Connect WiFi signal for pairing with SkyDemon and the Minor Change Approval from Piper. I would be very interested in talking with anyone who has installed this equipment to hear of their experiences both good and not so good. Thank youDerekerek.alway@btinternet.com">Derek.alway@btinternet.com

Did you do the Power Flarm Core installation-  Since I considered Gliders the higher risk,and since I normally fly fro the left seat, I put the I Flarm antenaa on the right wndow, and using the F:ARm tool, It shows better reception on my "blind" right side.  
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search