Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Skydemon crashes when using FLARM interface at high temperatures

Author
henrik_k
Too Much Forum (597 reputation)Too Much Forum (597 reputation)Too Much Forum (597 reputation)Too Much Forum (597 reputation)Too Much Forum (597 reputation)Too Much Forum (597 reputation)Too Much Forum (597 reputation)Too Much Forum (597 reputation)Too Much Forum (597 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all, 
I‌ got a very strange behavior of my current Skydemon App 3.8.1.72 on my iPad.
M‌y setup consist of my iPad (4G) with the Skydemon App and the Pilotaware hardware. The Pilotaware device works as a WLAN hotspot in order to get my iPad connected to it.
Skydemon works perfect (stable for years) when I choose the "location services" as a GPS source. Since I received my Pilotaware device, i configured the FLARM interface to get traffic information displayed within the moving map.
T‌his works also stable.

‌A‌nd now it get`s interesting :-)

W‌hen the ipad gets pretty warm (sun shines on the display, 15 minutes are sufficient. Far away from thermal shutdown) , the Skydemon App crashes within seconds after choosing the "FLARM" source instead of the build in location services. ‌The moving map screen is shown for about one or two seconds, traffic information is displayed. After that, the skydemon app is shutting down. After a restart, the FLARM configuration (e.g. the code)  is missing sometimes.

‌‌When I restart the App, choose "go flying" again and the build in "location services", the Skydemon app run´s stable.

T‌his is reproducible by 100%.

‌‌‌‌I really don´t see an relationship why the Skydemon App crashes with a warm iPad with activated FLARM but run´s stable, when using the App without the FLARM option at the same temperature.

‌‌Does anybode has a glue how to narrow down this problem? Are there any logs I can check?

Greetings from Germany,
‌H‌enrik‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
If you contact our customer support with some fairly exact timings for when you experienced these crashes, we can check our logs to see if we have any more information. We should have been sent some information by your device if it encountered GPS data which resulted in a crash. Let customer support know your account details and reference this thread, and we can look into it.
henrik_k
henrik_k
Too Much Forum (597 reputation)Too Much Forum (597 reputation)Too Much Forum (597 reputation)Too Much Forum (597 reputation)Too Much Forum (597 reputation)Too Much Forum (597 reputation)Too Much Forum (597 reputation)Too Much Forum (597 reputation)Too Much Forum (597 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 6/19/2017 1:07:11 PM
If you contact our customer support with some fairly exact timings for when you experienced these crashes, we can check our logs to see if we have any more information. We should have been sent some information by your device if it encountered GPS data which resulted in a crash. Let customer support know your account details and reference this thread, and we can look into it.

Thanks Tim, will do that. I should have a exact time when it happened.

H‌enrik‌‌

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search