Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

User waypoints and user markings

Author
ChristianMKoller
Too Much Forum (84 reputation)Too Much Forum (84 reputation)Too Much Forum (84 reputation)Too Much Forum (84 reputation)Too Much Forum (84 reputation)Too Much Forum (84 reputation)Too Much Forum (84 reputation)Too Much Forum (84 reputation)Too Much Forum (84 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear SkyDemon team,

I recently planned a flight to Slovenia, where currently Adriatic Strike is taking place (after 2016 the second time now I stumbled over this problem). There are certain flight restrictions which are unfortunately not shown in SykDemon. All you can see is the red circle with the NOTAM information. I found respective coordinates at the official SloveniaControl website and simply added them as user waypoints to my SkyDemon device. I at least had the edge points that way.

The whole issue brought me to a more general idea about user waypoints and how they might be used in a more efficient way. I was wondering if the user management could be improve the way that
  • user waypoints can be grouped (which is currently the case I know) also including subfolders. Right now its more like giving comparable group names rather than "really generating" a group/folder/subfolder
  • user waypoint groups/folders/subfolders can be exported/saved to cloud 
    • user waypoint can be connected by lines, or if a group contains more than 3 points, can be filled or hatched 
    • option  to hide user waypoint groups/subgroups if they are not needed. 

This way one could compensate for certain areas which are not defined by SkyDemon (e.g., due to  missing GPS coordinates), or one could simply add new areas of interest to his maps. This would, for instance, in my case include aerobatic boxes we have defined (and stick to) in our MCTR. 

I‌ hope this topic has yet not been discussed somewhere, at least I was not able to find such a thread.

T‌hanks in advance
    C‌hris‌
    Attachments
    skydemon_areas.jpg (474 views, 1.00 MB)
    skydemon_lines.jpg (607 views, 639.00 KB)
    Sky Painter
    Sky Painter
    Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
    ChristianMKoller - 6/8/2017 8:04:11 AM
    Dear SkyDemon team,

I recently planned a flight to Slovenia, where currently Adriatic Strike is taking place (after 2016 the second time now I stumbled over this problem). There are certain flight restrictions which are unfortunately not shown in SykDemon. All you can see is the red circle with the NOTAM information. I found respective coordinates at the official SloveniaControl website and simply added them as user waypoints to my SkyDemon device. I at least had the edge points that way.

The whole issue brought me to a more general idea about user waypoints and how they might be used in a more efficient way. I was wondering if the user management could be improve the way that
    • user waypoints can be grouped (which is currently the case I know) also including subfolders. Right now its more like giving comparable group names rather than "really generating" a group/folder/subfolder
    • user waypoint groups/folders/subfolders can be exported/saved to cloud 
      • user waypoint can be connected by lines, or if a group contains more than 3 points, can be filled or hatched 
      • option  to hide user waypoint groups/subgroups if they are not needed. 

This way one could compensate for certain areas which are not defined by SkyDemon (e.g., due to  missing GPS coordinates), or one could simply add new areas of interest to his maps. This would, for instance, in my case include aerobatic boxes we have defined (and stick to) in our MCTR. 

I‌ hope this topic has yet not been discussed somewhere, at least I was not able to find such a thread.

T‌hanks in advance
      C‌hris‌

You could always use the Custom Data creator.

Mike
      , SD 3.16.12.0

Tim Dawson
      Tim Dawson
      SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
      If you find yourself wishing to use user waypoints far in excess of what they're supposed to be for, then the Custom Data Creator is probably the tool you need. It allows you to create actual airspace to show on your SkyDemon charts, and other features.
      GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
      Search