Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

getting logged out and settings are lost

Author
poorterp
Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I am using skydemon on 1 PC and on Ipad and android phone. So I shouldnt have any issues with being logged out.
Since the last update I get each time  I start the PC version that I need to login again. Also each time I noticed my roads, railways, ground is gone. I need to set these flags again. Also the setting for showing airway ‌reporting points is gone each time.

Greetz Peter
‌‌‌

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)
poorterp - 5/26/2017 9:44:20 AM
Hi,

I am using skydemon on 1 PC and on Ipad and android phone. So I shouldnt have any issues with being logged out.
Since the last update I get each time  I start the PC version that I need to login again. Also each time I noticed my roads, railways, ground is gone. I need to set these flags again. Also the setting for showing airway ‌reporting points is gone each time.

Greetz Peter
‌‌‌

Hi Peter

‌On your PC go to Setup > Save Settings to Cloud. Having done that, you will then be able to download your Settings from the Cloud on to any of your devices.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
There's a possibility that SkyDemon is being prevented from saving your login data, perhaps by an over-enthusiastic malware protection app. SkyDemon needs to write the license.skdl file in your My Documents\SkyDemon folder when you log in, and if it can't do so, you may get this problem or similar.
poorterp
poorterp
Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/30/2017 11:00:07 AM
There's a possibility that SkyDemon is being prevented from saving your login data, perhaps by an over-enthusiastic malware protection app. SkyDemon needs to write the license.skdl file in your My Documents\SkyDemon folder when you log in, and if it can't do so, you may get this problem or similar.

Is this something that has changes recently as I never had this ... it started with the latest update
of course, I use this on my work PC which is maintained by a IT department .. they could have changed also something
But I can logout and login again and then I close the program ... little later I can open the program normal again.
If the license could‌nt be written I would have trouble opening it a second time , right ?

‌Thanks Peter
‌‌‌

Edited 5/31/2017 3:14:45 PM by poorterp
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
We haven't changed anything relevant to login recently.
poorterp
poorterp
Tim Dawson - 6/5/2017 3:14:24 PM
We haven't changed anything relevant to login recently.

this problem is persistent... if i dont open the program for some days then I get the message that something has changed and that
i need to logout and  login again. After that i can close and open the program a I wish without any problem.
But after some time I get again the same issue‌. However, I havent installed skydemon on any other PC . Only on 1 IOS and 1 android

Is there a way we can see from which devices we are logged in to see if someone would be using our account falsely?
I s there some logging in skydemon that we can turn on to see why skydemon ‌‌detects a problem with the logged in status?
greetz Peter‌‌

Edited 6/14/2017 1:48:48 PM by poorterp
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
We can see what devices you're logged in on, but you'll need to contact our customer support.
Paul Buckley
P
Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)
I have this problem frequently too.

says something about device not properly logged in, my device has changed, not recognised any more, have to logout and in again, but then all settings are lost.

I literally used it 1 hour again and have just gone in‌‌‌‌ again just now and the same problem reoccurs.

I did not use any other device in the meantime.

‌Sometimes if I get the error I just close down the app‌‌‌‌ and re-open and no error and settings ok.

‌It's quite annoying!

thank you.‌‌

Windows 7
SD 3.8.1.0‌‌‌

poorterp
poorterp
Hi Tim,

could this be related to  the fact that I connect with my laptop sometimes via the work VPN (france) and another time via my direct internet connections (belgium).
Greetz Pet‌‌‌er

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Yes, possibly. On versions of Windows prior to 10 we use a combination of network adapters to figure out a unique way to identify your machine, and VPNs sometimes mess with that.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search