Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Android new Update 7.0 not working with SkyDemon

Author
K
Too Much Forum (366 reputation)Too Much Forum (366 reputation)Too Much Forum (366 reputation)Too Much Forum (366 reputation)Too Much Forum (366 reputation)Too Much Forum (366 reputation)Too Much Forum (366 reputation)Too Much Forum (366 reputation)Too Much Forum (366 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Tim Dawson - 5/30/2017 11:26:21 AM
Kunkrab, are you posting in this thread because you believe you are encountering the same issue as the OP?

Cocoroman, I'‌m sorry but I have no idea what Samsung Easy Mode is, or what effects it has on your device's ability to perform the standard functions SkyDemon asks of it. The best thing is to stay in touch with customer support because they will know if anybody else is reporting the same sort of problem. Kunkrab above is not, I don't think.‌

Yes, it is an immediate crash that makes the app unusable. The common factor seems to be the latest Android release.
I don't know what Easy Mode is either. I tried setting battery saving mode to no avail.
Will contact  support‌‌.

cocoroman
c
Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.3K reputation)
Kunkrab - 5/31/2017 6:03:44 AM
Tim Dawson - 5/30/2017 11:26:21 AM
Kunkrab, are you posting in this thread because you believe you are encountering the same issue as the OP?

Cocoroman, I'‌m sorry but I have no idea what Samsung Easy Mode is, or what effects it has on your device's ability to perform the standard functions SkyDemon asks of it. The best thing is to stay in touch with customer support because they will know if anybody else is reporting the same sort of problem. Kunkrab above is not, I don't think.‌

Yes, it is an immediate crash that makes the app unusable. The common factor seems to be the latest Android release.
I don't know what Easy Mode is either. I tried setting battery saving mode to no avail.
Will contact  support‌‌.

Easy mode is on Display setup; which will offer you Bigger and easier way of accessing The samsung galaxy S6. other wise you'll have the Standard mode, which is default mode. Today (18 June 2017) I have tried to installed SD, it is same problem again, it's just not working on easy mode. The new update Android 7.0, has a lot's of bugs. And the story goes ..

deanpearcy
deanpearcy
Too Much Forum (470 reputation)Too Much Forum (470 reputation)Too Much Forum (470 reputation)Too Much Forum (470 reputation)Too Much Forum (470 reputation)Too Much Forum (470 reputation)Too Much Forum (470 reputation)Too Much Forum (470 reputation)Too Much Forum (470 reputation)
I am having the same issues on a GS7 edge. The app just will not open and it gives no useful reason why, other than "the app has stopped working"!

I‌ am running android 7.0 which I believe updated recently and I have no idea if the SD app worked immediately after the update as I didn't try it‌. All I know is, it used to work and now it doesn't. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software, today, so I know it's the most current version.
Rob Hart
Rob Hart
SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)
Afternoon everyone,

‌I have been looking into this whenever I have been able to get a few minutes, but so far I haven't been able to come to any firm conclusions about what is going on in these cases. So far, common factors are Android 7 and specific Samsung devices (S6 and S7) but I believe that there must be some other app or setting that must be in play as well (since otherwise I would expect that we would have received many more instances of this issue than we have done...)

Frustratingly, getting the logs for these things is not straightforward (they don't get sent to us automatically), but if any guys who have suffered this "the app has stopped working" issue also happen to have the android development tools installed on their PC and can extract this data, it would be useful. Beyond that, the only other thing that would really help us narrow down the issue would be if we could borrow an affected device to run some tests, so if you have an affected device that you can spare to send us, please use the regular web contact form to arrange that.
Rob Hart
Rob Hart
SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)SkyDemon Team (9.1K reputation)
A quick addendum.

One chap who had experienced this "the app has stopped working" problem got in touch with us today to let us know that without him knowingly doing anything to his device, suddenly SkyDemon is now working normally. This is rather bizarre.

At this point we still cant really be sure what has happened here, but I would ask any guys who have seen this issue and suddenly found that it works fine, to try to note if any automatic updates of any apps (or the operating system itself) might have occurred in the interim; we would be extremely interested to hear about any such instances!‌‌‌
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search