Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemonMD and Windows 10 compatibility

Author
a
Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is anyone successfully using a SkyDemonMD device with windows 10?  Mine works fine with windows 7 but I cannot get it to be recognised as a device in Windows 10 at all. Therefore I can't sync with any planning done on SkyDemon using a windows 10 laptop.

‌‌‌RomVersion: PF08.322427M7588H
Software Version:V3.6Y412.12.03.16‌
OEM Info: SkyDemonMD
Platfrom ID: 70DCF6199EE04755‌

Andrew‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
There are not many people left using MD devices so you may not get much input from other SkyDemon users.

However if you go into the settings on your device you can change it so it uses its USB connection to appear to your computer as a normal mass storage device, like a USB stick. Once it's in that mode, you shouldn't need any special software on your PC to recognise it.‌
andrewfielder
a
Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/25/2017 1:43:24 AM
There are not many people left using MD devices so you may not get much input from other SkyDemon users.

However if you go into the settings on your device you can change it so it uses its USB connection to appear to your computer as a normal mass storage device, like a USB stick. Once it's in that mode, you shouldn't need any special software on your PC to recognise it.‌

Thank you. Happily it is possible to sync this way for logs and charts, which I was not aware of. I still get a lot of functional use out of the MD so it's good to prolong its active life. 
Andrew‌

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search