Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Using the new Traffic feature

Author
martin-s
Too Much Forum (528 reputation)Too Much Forum (528 reputation)Too Much Forum (528 reputation)Too Much Forum (528 reputation)Too Much Forum (528 reputation)Too Much Forum (528 reputation)Too Much Forum (528 reputation)Too Much Forum (528 reputation)Too Much Forum (528 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I had a flight with Skydemon and Pilotaware today for the first time and it works well. It's raised a couple of issues, however, and I wondered if others have had the same experience.

‌1. The traffic system picked up a number of other aircraft in the circuit as I was on final and started relentless audible alerts. I wonder if there is a way to suppress these as at that point in the flight as they became a nuisance and a distraction.

‌2. Even with the Internet Connection set to 'Live Data When Planning' I kept getting the lengthy text message complaining I was offline. The only way to suppress this was to switch to Offline mode, which means remembering to turn in back on again after the flight. Is there a better way?

‌Thanks in anticipation for any advice or thoughts.
Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Martin-s,

‌The PAW website forum has quite a few messages about the "audio alerts" in the circuit problem.
I don't think there is an easy answer to this.

I occasionally get those "off‌‌line" messages but simply press the SD screed to clear the message.
Tony‌

George Reid
George Reid
Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)
My solution to the PAW audio alerts in the circuit is to disconnect the PAW audio feed once I enter the pattern.

George E A Reid

Ipad Mini 5,  IOS 14.4,  SD 3.15.0.288
PC(Win 10, Version 19041.804)  SD 3.15.0.0

T67M
T67M
Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)
Unplugging the audio or switching the input off on the audio panel is currently the only way to stay sane in the circuit.

The‌ long error message is a recurring flaw in SkyDemon which doesn't seem to be solvable despite plenty of discussions about it.‌ Using PAw makes it slightly more likely to occur, but it has occurred since long before PAw was invented.
martin-s
martin-s
Too Much Forum (528 reputation)Too Much Forum (528 reputation)Too Much Forum (528 reputation)Too Much Forum (528 reputation)Too Much Forum (528 reputation)Too Much Forum (528 reputation)Too Much Forum (528 reputation)Too Much Forum (528 reputation)Too Much Forum (528 reputation)
Thanks very much all. Much appreciated. 
George Reid
George Reid
Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)
I noticed some strange behaviour with the new traffic instrument yesterday.  When PAW detected bearingless targets (presumably Mode C/S returns) I received an audio alerty from SD. However, when I looked at the traffic instrument in the bottom right hand corner of the display it had gone completely blank (ie the 2nm circle had disappeared).  Is this the expected behaviour when bearingless targets care encountered.

George E A Reid

Ipad Mini 5,  IOS 14.4,  SD 3.15.0.288
PC(Win 10, Version 19041.804)  SD 3.15.0.0

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
I believe this is a bug in the current version of SkyDemon which has been fixed for the forthcoming 3.8.2 release.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search