Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Fuel planning ....

Author
drnicolas
Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Using SD with my own aircraft profile I have a question concerning the Fuel needed for a trip ...

According to the setting‌‌s in the profile for my aircraft, I see a number of lines in the fuel calculation:

"Rollen/Start" (Taxi and takeoff)
"Reiseff‌lug" (Cruise)
"Extra Zeit"
"Landung‌‌"
"Notfall" Emergency
Total

and ..
"Reserve"
Whi‌‌‌‌‌‌le all other lines have values according to my aircraft profile, "Reserve" is always reading 0,0!

This value also does not  change‌‌ if a change the fuel onboard to a different value.
I could not find a place in the aircraft profile neither in SD itself where I can change this value

Any help ?‌‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Is this possibly a translation of "contingency" fuel which is a percentage of the cruise fuel required for your flight?
drnicolas
drnicolas
Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/15/2017 3:31:14 PM
Is this possibly a translation of "contingency" fuel which is a percentage of the cruise fuel required for your flight?

I think "extra zeit" is the translation for "FuelContingency" in the aircraft .xml-file which is given in percent. This value seems to be correct as it reads different from 0 !

But "Reserve‌‌" always reads 0 - I did never see anything else. It does not change if I set the "Fuel onboard"-value.
On the german  Flightplanning‌-form there is a box for "Extra fuel". This is normally the difference between Fuel Onboard and Fuel required.
Is this a possible explanation?

The LBA FUel-planning has the following boxes:

Cruise‌‌                                litres        time
Addon STartup/taxi‌              litres         -----
Addon Climb                       litres        time
Adddon Departure/Arrival      litres        time
Alter‌nate                             litres        time
Contingen‌cy(min. 30min)      litres        time

This ad‌ds to Minimum Fuel required
‌+ Extra Fuel                       litres        time
= Fuel onboard                   litres        time

-30min    
= Safe Flight time‌                          ‌‌ time

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Where exactly in SkyDemon's output are you seeing the "reserve" line which is always zero?
drnicolas
drnicolas
Tim Dawson - 5/16/2017 12:28:05 PM
Where exactly in SkyDemon's output are you seeing the "reserve" line which is always zero?

For the aircraft in question i have the following Settings:
Taxi/Takeoff 5l
Landing   4l
Extra Time      45min
Emergency     10% (seems to be too small in comparsion to Extra time - should be changed  for my aircraft)
Fuel Consumption @ SeaLevel   50l/h
@ Max Cruise Level    34l/h

Here is a screenshot ....
‌It is the third line. All others seem to be according to aircraft profile
‌Maybe you can add lines
‌Fuel onboard / Safe Flight Time / Excess Fuel in ltrs and time
‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
That line is for your diversion fuel. It will be zero unless you have specified a diversion airfield for your planned flight.
drnicolas
drnicolas
Tim Dawson - 5/18/2017 2:06:38 PM
That line is for your diversion fuel. It will be zero unless you have specified a diversion airfield for your planned flight.

Yes, that is correct. It works when defining an alternate.
So it is a question of the Translation. It therefore should read "Fuel to Alternate" or something like that.

What about improving the flight Details presentation to Show the full information ‌‌‌as in the Fuel planning form ?
All the Magic around calculating the necessray values is already there‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
I will ask our translator if there is a better phrase we could use.

If you have a suggestion for a change in the way the product works‌, it would be best to post it in the Suggestions forum. I believe your question here was what the purpose of a specific item in fuel planning is, which has been answered.‌
drnicolas
drnicolas
Tim Dawson - 5/19/2017 9:30:26 AM
I will ask our translator if there is a better phrase we could use.

If you have a suggestion for a change in the way the product works‌, it would be best to post it in the Suggestions forum. I believe your question here was what the purpose of a specific item in fuel planning is, which has been answered.‌

Thank you for your answer.
I have been thinking of what the best german Translation for "alternate" can be: the german term is "Ausweichflugplatz". But "Fuel to alternate" sounds much better and everybody understands it, I suppose.

Concerning my suggestion about improving the fuel calculation Panel I already reached the most competent Person for this Suggestion - no Need to post somewhere else. I don't‌‌‌ Need education about where and how to post.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
The purpose of our suggestions forum is so that other pilots can talk about a suggestion, which we require. Reaching me is not a way of ensuring that your personally desired features make it into the product.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search