Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Goto improvements

Author
athiele
Too Much Forum (443 reputation)Too Much Forum (443 reputation)Too Much Forum (443 reputation)Too Much Forum (443 reputation)Too Much Forum (443 reputation)Too Much Forum (443 reputation)Too Much Forum (443 reputation)Too Much Forum (443 reputation)Too Much Forum (443 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
I'd like if the got‌o function could be improved.
At the moment I get a list of nearest ai‌rports or waypoints on my flightplan.
Could that be ex‌tended by a list of nearest VORs and NDBs. Even IFR intersections that are in your charts would be worth to be shortlistet.
It would help a lot if you can reselect the last goto once more. If you got once and have to make a big turn you would have to intercept the course line. In most cases it would be enough to goto to the same point one more to get a new line.
Thanks
Andreas‌‌

athiele
athiele
Too Much Forum (443 reputation)Too Much Forum (443 reputation)Too Much Forum (443 reputation)Too Much Forum (443 reputation)Too Much Forum (443 reputation)Too Much Forum (443 reputation)Too Much Forum (443 reputation)Too Much Forum (443 reputation)Too Much Forum (443 reputation)
athiele - 5/13/2017 1:09:03 PM
Hello,
I'd like if the got‌o function could be improved.
At the moment I get a list of nearest ai‌rports or waypoints on my flightplan.
Could that be ex‌tended by a list of nearest VORs and NDBs. Even IFR intersections that are in your charts would be worth to be shortlistet.
It would help a lot if you can reselect the last goto once more. If you got once and have to make a big turn you would have to intercept the course line. In most cases it would be enough to goto to the same point one more to get a new line.
Thanks
Andreas‌‌

Really no one interested in an improved direct to function?

athiele
athiele
Well, you can go direct to "nearby airfields" and "turning points".
I'd like this fun‌ction for VORs, NDBs and other waypoints too.

The find function with‌‌ uppercase for identifiers is much to complicated in flight.

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
athiele - 6/2/2017 12:48:06 PM
Well, you can go direct to "nearby airfields" and "turning points".
I'd like this fun‌ction for VORs, NDBs and other waypoints too.

The find function with‌‌ uppercase for identifiers is much to complicated in flight.

You could always tap and hold on your chosen VOR, NDB etc to bring up the What's Here pop-up then tap on the VOR/NDB name and you will be presented with a number of options, one of which is Route Direct.

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

athiele
athiele
Yes, if it is in the range of the current display. But why not the easy way as for airports?
Second  pro‌posal was to have a simple way to repeat the last direct to.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search