Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

CORSICA, MOA and TSA

Author
giannisd
Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Few days ago, while flying above Corsica, I noted that MOA, Mil. Training Area, TRA or TSA, are not depicted on SD maps.
‌Is maybe time to create the filter, on Air Space Setting, and to incorporate these area on maps.
These Areas,  are becoming more popular, quite numerous and beside those above FL 195, many start from GND or from low altitude.  
‌ATS require to plan VFR flights considering these.
best regards,
Gianni‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Have you observed these being present on a specific paper chart, which has led you to believe we should be including them in our own charts?
giannisd
giannisd
Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/10/2017 8:33:21 AM
Have you observed these being present on a specific paper chart, which has led you to believe we should be including them in our own charts?

Honestly I do not have any paper chart of France/Corse, I use SD only Smile , but I heve been advised by the ATC that I was entering on a TSA area (Edelweiss AGL/3000 ft, West of Corse) and I thought to find it on SD but I couldn't, after landing I check on friend's JeppFD and I saw it.
‌Why shouldI need a paper chart if I use SD ? I trust on SD and is so great ! Rolleyes Rolleyes
regards,
Gianni‌‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
I am not suggesting that you need a paper chart, but I am trying to find the piece of airspace you mentioned so that we can review whether it should be included in SkyDemon charts.

There are no French TSA starting as low as 3000 fee‌‌t. You were definitely in French airspace?
giannisd
giannisd
Tim Dawson - 5/10/2017 11:19:11 AM
I am not suggesting that you need a paper chart, but I am trying to find the piece of airspace you mentioned so that we can review whether it should be included in SkyDemon charts.

There are no French TSA starting as low as 3000 fee‌‌t. You were definitely in French airspace?

Yes Tim, I was in French space, I can only send you the screen-shot of JeppFD where the area is visible, more than that, I do not know...
‌In Italy we have similar problem, but these training area ,sometime named: Tactical Area Very Low Mil. Flights, not depicted on paper charts, but luckily mentioned in our AIP ENR 5.2.2.6.   A close encounter with a fighter is not plesant.....
Gianni‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Jeppesen often include bits of airspace which have no place on a VFR chart.

I just checked the latest SIA paper charts for France and there's no trace of it on there either. Generally if the local authorities do not believe a piece of airspace important enough to include on their charts for VFR pilots, we do not include it on ours either.
giannisd
giannisd
Tim Dawson - 5/11/2017 11:24:07 AM
Jeppesen often include bits of airspace which have no place on a VFR chart.

I just checked the latest SIA paper charts for France and there's no trace of it on there either. Generally if the local authorities do not believe a piece of airspace important enough to include on their charts for VFR pilots, we do not include it on ours either.

Seems correct to me, anyhow ATC advise if any danger is on the area, sometime military they like to keep details reserved. 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search