Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Main tank and auxiliary tank

Author
gorddinog
Too Much Forum (231 reputation)Too Much Forum (231 reputation)Too Much Forum (231 reputation)Too Much Forum (231 reputation)Too Much Forum (231 reputation)Too Much Forum (231 reputation)Too Much Forum (231 reputation)Too Much Forum (231 reputation)Too Much Forum (231 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
My Robin has a main fuel tank holding 110 litres and an auxiliary tank holding 50 litres. In the Weight & Balance section of SkyDemon I seem to have to set the main tank fuel quantity in litres and the auxiliary in kilograms. I’d prefer to enter both in litres. More significantly, in the Flight Details section, the Fuel slider will only go up to “110 ltr” even though I show the auxiliary tank as carrying 36 kg (ie 50 litres) ie full fuel. How do I get the slider to go up to 160 litres?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
You cannot have different units for different fuel tanks.

If you have specified different fuel tanks you need to set their contents separately. Since they'll have different CoG values it's not possible to simply set the total amount of fuel, as SkyDemon won't know how it's distributed between tanks and therefore won't be able to do a weight and balance calculation.

Could I suggest giving our support a quick call? They'll be able to talk you through what might be wrong with your fuel tank setup much more efficiently than going back and forth on a forum. I'm sure it'll be straightforward to sort out.‌ ‌‌
gorddinog
gorddinog
Too Much Forum (231 reputation)Too Much Forum (231 reputation)Too Much Forum (231 reputation)Too Much Forum (231 reputation)Too Much Forum (231 reputation)Too Much Forum (231 reputation)Too Much Forum (231 reputation)Too Much Forum (231 reputation)Too Much Forum (231 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/9/2017 10:57:14 AM
You cannot have different units for different fuel tanks.

If you have specified different fuel tanks you need to set their contents separately. Since they'll have different CoG values it's not possible to simply set the total amount of fuel, as SkyDemon won't know how it's distributed between tanks and therefore won't be able to do a weight and balance calculation.

Could I suggest giving our support a quick call? They'll be able to talk you through what might be wrong with your fuel tank setup much more efficiently than going back and forth on a forum. I'm sure it'll be straightforward to sort out.‌ ‌‌

Thank you Tim. Your support folk sorted it out. For the record, the problem was that when I had set up the Aircraft, in the Weight and Balance section I had entered the auxiliary tank as a “Loading point”, not as a “Fuel tank”. In consequence, the units of the auxiliary tank were “kg” not “litres” and no reference to the auxiliary tank appeared in the Fuel section of Flight Details. I deleted the auxiliary tank and re-added it correctly.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Thank you for posting a follow-up which could help any other people running into the same problem. Glad it's sorted.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search