Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

How to have on my PAD all the French Charts?

Author
D
Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Last saturday, I flow to Auxerre (LFLA in France) and then impossible to get the georeferenced Chart when arrival. Of course, I had no internet connexion when flying with my Pad (SAMSUNG Galaxy TAB S 8"). At home, with Wifi, it works fine.
-Is there a setting somewhere (that I missed...) to load into my Pad memory all the French Charts?‌
-Same question for the ‌Base ULM (LF2829 for example)
Thanks‌

Owner of a VL3 Evolution

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
If you want to download all the French AIP documents, you can do so by going to Airfields -> All Documents -> Tools -> Download AIP.

You cannot perform a bulk download of the BasULM documents.‌
Drick
D
Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)Too Much Forum (469 reputation)
OK, thanks Tim; It works for Airfields.
-Why not for the ‌BasULM ? It is at least, as much as important as it is for the airfield; If I need to land quickly on my route I have more chance to be close to a base Ulm than an airfield...
-On the minium available data you have about the Base ULM I see the runway lenght, orientation but nothing about the circuit (witch side of the runway, altitude); I am astonished, these are critical informations. Did I missed something?

Owner of a VL3 Evolution

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
BasULM is an anomaly in that there is no charge for the product, yet we include it as a courtesy as its authors have allowed us to do so. But it falls outside of the normal SkyDemon channels and therefore there is no process designed for bulk-downloading of the documents.

It always remains the pilot's responsibility to have all the documents likely to be needed for the flight.‌‌
MikeTwoOne
MikeTwoOne
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Do not forget to to the update regularly. Skydemon does not notify you of the content expiration or/ new AIP availability.
I‌ had trouble last year because of that ...

M‌‌‌
guille
guille
Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)Too Much Forum (18K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/4/2017 8:42:15 AM
BasULM is an anomaly in that there is no charge for the product, yet we include it as a courtesy as its authors have allowed us to do so. But it falls outside of the normal SkyDemon channels and therefore there is no process designed for bulk-downloading of the documents.

It always remains the pilot's responsibility to have all the documents likely to be needed for the flight.‌‌

BasULM is the only documentation available. And it is exceptionally good, compared with other countries. It has the telephone number you can contact before to know all the needed information. In most cases, it is required to make a phone call. And if it is an urgent landing ... no need to have detailed information. I flied in Spain last month and to obtain information about microlight fields ... I had to work a lot, because there is nothing like BasULM. So ... I think the possibility that SDemon gives to have an easy access to BasULM is really good. When you plan a route, just download all the Airfield plates close to your route and you will have the best available information on your Pad ...

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Do we not include the telephone number in our own airfield data for airfields which have a BasULM plate?
Drick
D
OK, thanks for replies.
I am astonished about how it is easy to download on my PAD, all the airfield charts and BasULM in MACH7 or SDVFR; Why not with SD?

Owner of a VL3 Evolution

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search