Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Custom Data: Field "Circuits" in Airfield-Editor? "Handmade" approachplates possible?

Author
R
Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi forum,

today I tried to enter an (private microlight) airfield ‌‌into SD´s database. After juggling around with some thingies I managed it but one question has been left:
What data is supposed to be entered into the "Circuits"-Field in the "General"-tab of the airfield-editor? Should there be the coordinates (maybe the corners) of the circuit that it can be drawn onto the chart?

Two more question:
a) ‌is it usual within the SD-world" to publish such air‌‌fields or other user-generated data to other users (some kind of SD cloud for all the users?) or is this "user-data" only supposed to be used by the user who entered the data?

b) am I able to add a‌ custom-made approach-plate (which exists) to my SD-copy and relate it to the airfield that it will be shown in the "airfield-tab" in navigation-mode?

c) if b) is "yes" am I able to georeference the chart?

Kind regards,
Renzo‌‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
You can enter textual information about the airfield's circuit pattern into that field and SkyDemon will make it available in the airfield information. You cannot create vector circuit diagrams using that tool.

You can share your custom data with your friends or whoever you like. If you wanted the airfield included for everyone, though, the right action is to contact us so that we can make contact with the airfield owner and add it officially.

You can add your own user documents which match your airfield's ICAO (or other in 3.8 version) designator and they will show up next to the airfield.

You cannot georeference your own charts in SkyDemon.

Renzo
R
Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/2/2017 12:18:44 PM
You can enter textual information about the airfield's circuit pattern into that field and SkyDemon will make it available in the airfield information. You cannot create vector circuit diagrams using that tool.

You can share your custom data with your friends or whoever you like. If you wanted the airfield included for everyone, though, the right action is to contact us so that we can make contact with the airfield owner and add it officially.

You can add your own user documents which match your airfield's ICAO (or other in 3.8 version) designator and they will show up next to the airfield.

You cannot georeference your own charts in SkyDemon.

Thanks, Tim, for your precise and clear answer!

I btw. read all the information concerning the upcoming 3.8 - I´m very curious to see the next version!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search