Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

One year using SD - some wishes ...

Author
drnicolas
Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am using SD now for one year. It is a great product, I love it and use it frequently.
But I am missing several Features or at least like to have some improved.

@Tim:I know‌‌, you get tons of suggestions and requests for new Features, bug reports and so on. Maybe some are already posted in this forum, maybe some are not possible to implement. I have recently renewed my subscription, so this seems to be the right time to ask.

- One Thing is autozoom. See my posting in the Navigation Forum.
- About ‌one year ago we heard something about geo-referenced Taxiway Charts at least for Germany. Is there something new?
- Automatic download for updated plates/documents including a "Download all"-feature. Warning about updates applies only to maps AFAIK. This should also include documents for purchased or free documents.
- I would suggest to make the blue bar on top of the map window bigger and have more fields there; configurable of course. Maybe you can include the blue SD-button in the top left.
- More and configurable Information fields for that ribbon.
- Fields that I am missing at the Moment:
-- Actual departure time (as logged in the live Plog, but presented continously)‌‌‌‌
-- Time diff between planned Flight and reality. Last week  I had strong headwinds‌ combined with an unplanned circumnavigation and found myself +25minutes behind my original schedule.
-- A field in the PLOGs where I can document e.g. Hobbs-Time or something else. This Information should persist in teh log and also in the cloud.

- Aircraft Profile: Add a Feature to include aircraft related documents (PDFs) to the aircraft profile. At the Moment, I am thinking of the POH, scanned ARC document, insurance‌‌ and or Manuals for Equipment and so on. These should be available offline.

And then there is IFR:
I know,‌‌‌‌‌ the intended audience for SD is VFR, not IFR.
- implement something I would call "configurable‌ document flight bag". Flying IFR, You have tons of documents under airfiled Information and you normally Need only a few of them for the next step of your flight. Put the documents you Need e.g. for an Approach into the flight bag and have them ready to use. After using, empty the bag and preselect the departure documents you Need. The user-documents Feature seems not to do the Job.

- Include SIDs, STARs and other routes as preselectable route segments in the database. But, to be honest: i am not sure if they are publically available‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you for all your feedback. As always, we will take note of it and combine it with the requests of others when it comes to planning our development schedule for SkyDemon.

If you want a more in-depth discussion on a particular suggestion, it's probably best to start a thread specifically for it. For example if you think something is very important but we haven't done it, starting a thread will get input from other pilots. ‌‌
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search