Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyDemon 3.8 Android Beta

Author
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
We have posted a beta for SkyDemon 3.8 for Android on our beta page. Here is the change list:

Traffic warnings have been enhanced and extended, with a new traffic radar instrument available
On tablets, the What's Here screen now includes a graphical airspace stack showing the extent of controlled airspace at the selected location
Integrated pilot feedback shows real-time information about airfields and allows you to submit your own feedback
The What's Here list has been enhanced to include frequencies and other information which is now available with one touch
There is now a SkyDemon Plate option in the Airfield screen to immediately access all the information we have for an airfield in one screen
Support for new German TMZs with squawks and frequency monitoring codes added
Virtual radar in flight now dynamically changes vertical scale when in a climb or descent
Visual Reporting Points listed in the airfield Approach Information screen are now clickable so you can easily find them on the map
Controlled airspace is now separately switchable for classes A-D and class E in map layers
User document lookup for an airfield now works with a local identifier when an ICAO identifier is not available
NOTAM which have been hidden are now displayed as grayed-out when producing a Briefing Pack
Wooded areas could remain hidden in planning mode if TerrainSafe was switched on in navigation mode‌‌‌
FaRu1
FaRu1
Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 4/24/2017 11:07:40 AM
We have posted a beta for SkyDemon 3.8 for Android on our beta page. Here is the change list:

Traffic warnings have been enhanced and extended, with a new traffic radar instrument available
On tablets, the What's Here screen now includes a graphical airspace stack showing the extent of controlled airspace at the selected location
Integrated pilot feedback shows real-time information about airfields and allows you to submit your own feedback
The What's Here list has been enhanced to include frequencies and other information which is now available with one touch
There is now a SkyDemon Plate option in the Airfield screen to immediately access all the information we have for an airfield in one screen
Support for new German TMZs with squawks and frequency monitoring codes added
Virtual radar in flight now dynamically changes vertical scale when in a climb or descent
Visual Reporting Points listed in the airfield Approach Information screen are now clickable so you can easily find them on the map
Controlled airspace is now separately switchable for classes A-D and class E in map layers
User document lookup for an airfield now works with a local identifier when an ICAO identifier is not available
NOTAM which have been hidden are now displayed as grayed-out when producing a Briefing Pack
Wooded areas could remain hidden in planning mode if TerrainSafe was switched on in navigation mode‌‌‌

1‌. I cannot get a full view of the pilot log, see attachment. 
2‌. It seems faster in screen build up, but still slows down after a while. But the screen freeze / crash which I experienced under 3.7.1 has not happened so far, after several hours of flying. 

Attachments
20170501_205832.jpg (583 views, 332.00 KB)
Leandro Ferrari
Leandro Ferrari
Too Much Forum (852 reputation)Too Much Forum (852 reputation)Too Much Forum (852 reputation)Too Much Forum (852 reputation)Too Much Forum (852 reputation)Too Much Forum (852 reputation)Too Much Forum (852 reputation)Too Much Forum (852 reputation)Too Much Forum (852 reputation)
Hello,
I‌'m also experiencing problems with Android Beta 3.8 in a Samsung S2 tab 8" (2016) and Android 7.0.
I used for planning and flying yesterday and I found the following issues:

‌-‌ sluggishness is still there, although a little better than 3.7.x betas. It takes sometime to redraw the map when you move it. Also, it seems that it starts getting slower and slower as we leave the application on (memory issues maybe?)
-‌ airport charts drawn over the map take ages to load
-‌ pilot log only uses the left half of the screen (the right side is black)
L‌et me know if you need something else to debug it.
T‌hanks!
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Thanks for reporting those issues.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
The beta has just been updated. If you've experienced a bug in a previous beta please re-test and report back.
George Reid
George Reid
Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/3/2017 11:46:40 AM
The beta has just been updated. If you've experienced a bug in a previous beta please re-test and report back.

In Simulation mode, the problem with the plog (right 1/3 screen blank) has been fixed.

When I try to explore an airfield, the satellite imagery does not always load.  I couldn't Explore Bembridge or Southampton Airports but I was able to explore Popham (Popham is my base and I may well have cached imagery of that airfield on my Tablet).

T‌he spawn Aircraft feature in Simulate mode is great. Really useful to see how traffic warnings will be presented/alerted.‌‌

George E A Reid

Ipad Mini 5,  IOS 14.4,  SD 3.15.0.288
PC(Win 10, Version 19041.804)  SD 3.15.0.0

Edited 5/3/2017 1:01:58 PM by George Reid
George Reid
George Reid
Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)
GEAR - 5/3/2017 1:01:58 PM

In Simulation mode, the problem with the plog (right 1/3 screen blank) has been fixed.

When I try to explore an airfield, the satellite imagery does not always load.  I couldn't Explore Bembridge or Southampton Airports but I was able to explore Popham (Popham is my base and I may well have cached imagery of that airfield on my Tablet).

T‌he spawn Aircraft feature in Simulate mode is great. Really useful to see how traffic warnings will be presented/alerted.‌‌

Tim,

I've traced the problem with Exploring an Airfield‌ to a problem with Google Maps on my Nexus.  The app needed to be re-initialised.  I've got Google Maps to work correctly in stand-alone mode. When Sky Demon calls upon it, the satellite imagery is now loaded reliably.

I‌'ve also noticed that since I have fixed Google Maps, the slight sluggishness in SkyDemon re drawing the Map as it is moved has now disappeared.‌

George E A Reid

Ipad Mini 5,  IOS 14.4,  SD 3.15.0.288
PC(Win 10, Version 19041.804)  SD 3.15.0.0

Edited 5/3/2017 4:29:19 PM by George Reid
FaRu1
FaRu1
Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.5K reputation)
[quote]
The beta has just been updated. If you've experienced a bug in a previous beta please re-test and
The pilot log bug, seeing only 2 third of the plog, is fixed, but now it sometimes blinks (like rebuilding the information/display). Very good: the screen response time improved (or does my tablet have a better day?). This slowing down issue ... the SD team seems to have found the reason. With almost all map information being displayed (including terrain, trees, some weather info) I hovered over the map for several minutes, opened airfield plates, ran simulations ... and it still worked.
T‌he new What's Here is a real improvement!

S‌amsung Galaxy Tab S with Android 6.0.1
‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Thanks everyone. FaRu, could you elaborate on the blinking PLOG problem? How do we see it?
FaRu1
FaRu1
Tim,
‌it is difficult to describe.
- I plan a route and open PLOG.
- Black screen for about haf a second, then PLOG opens correctly
No simulation running, no moves, ... and suddenly SD starts switching plog/black screen/plog (1-5 times in direct sequence)... looks like the PLOG table is re-building. Cannot provoke that behaviour.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search