Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Download of AIP Aerodrome - Specific

Author
Dan Webb
Too Much Forum (206 reputation)Too Much Forum (206 reputation)Too Much Forum (206 reputation)Too Much Forum (206 reputation)Too Much Forum (206 reputation)Too Much Forum (206 reputation)Too Much Forum (206 reputation)Too Much Forum (206 reputation)Too Much Forum (206 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm posting this in the Planning section as it's the time I most use the documents from the AIP.

Could there be a possibility of selectively downloading all of the Aerodrome specific documents via SD when I do my planning?

‌‌At the moment, I'm able to download the Aerodrome Chart, Textual Information and a few other things from the AIP via Sky Demon, but I regularly take the instrument approach charts for several aerodromes with me. (I'm an IMC rated pilot, not IR) And I like the idea of keeping those aerodrome documents in one place if I can.

I'm conscious of the fact SD is a VFR application, and don't expect the charts to be over-layed on to the map itself, just wondering if it could be an option to download the documents if we wanted. ‌
Dan Webb
Dan Webb
Too Much Forum (206 reputation)Too Much Forum (206 reputation)Too Much Forum (206 reputation)Too Much Forum (206 reputation)Too Much Forum (206 reputation)Too Much Forum (206 reputation)Too Much Forum (206 reputation)Too Much Forum (206 reputation)Too Much Forum (206 reputation)
SemperFi - 4/20/2017 5:47:48 PM
I am not sure I really understood your question, even reading it twice.

Can it be, you missed the filtering option in the airfields section, where you choose to get VFR and/or IFR plates (and set to VFR only by default) ?

SemperFi - Didn't even know I could do that! Thanks, I've found out how to get what I wanted thanks to you. (You understood my poorly worded query BigGrin)
rocketier
rocketier
Too Much Forum (937 reputation)Too Much Forum (937 reputation)Too Much Forum (937 reputation)Too Much Forum (937 reputation)Too Much Forum (937 reputation)Too Much Forum (937 reputation)Too Much Forum (937 reputation)Too Much Forum (937 reputation)Too Much Forum (937 reputation)
SwebbieJr - 4/20/2017 7:03:13 PM

Can it be, you missed the filtering option in the airfields section, where you choose to get VFR and/or IFR plates (and set to VFR only by default) ?

SemperFi - Didn't even know I could do that! Thanks, I've found out how to get what I wanted thanks to you. (You understood my poorly worded query BigGrin)

rocketier
rocketier
Too Much Forum (937 reputation)Too Much Forum (937 reputation)Too Much Forum (937 reputation)Too Much Forum (937 reputation)Too Much Forum (937 reputation)Too Much Forum (937 reputation)Too Much Forum (937 reputation)Too Much Forum (937 reputation)Too Much Forum (937 reputation)
rocketier - 5/25/2017 6:51:07 AM
SwebbieJr - 4/20/2017 7:03:13 PM

That's something that I have learnt today, I didnt know you could do that either, actually I have never used the filtering, just shows how featured packed it is, and how much of it I dont use.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search