SkyDemon Forums

Download of AIP Aerodrome - Specific

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic22914.aspx

By SwebbieJr - 4/20/2017 1:41:20 PM

I'm posting this in the Planning section as it's the time I most use the documents from the AIP.

Could there be a possibility of selectively downloading all of the Aerodrome specific documents via SD when I do my planning?

‌‌At the moment, I'm able to download the Aerodrome Chart, Textual Information and a few other things from the AIP via Sky Demon, but I regularly take the instrument approach charts for several aerodromes with me. (I'm an IMC rated pilot, not IR) And I like the idea of keeping those aerodrome documents in one place if I can.

I'm conscious of the fact SD is a VFR application, and don't expect the charts to be over-layed on to the map itself, just wondering if it could be an option to download the documents if we wanted. ‌
By rocketier - 5/25/2017 6:53:59 AM

rocketier - 5/25/2017 6:51:07 AM
SwebbieJr - 4/20/2017 7:03:13 PM
SemperFi - 4/20/2017 5:47:48 PM
I am not sure I really understood your question, even reading it twice.

Can it be, you missed the filtering option in the airfields section, where you choose to get VFR and/or IFR plates (and set to VFR only by default) ?

SemperFi - Didn't even know I could do that! Thanks, I've found out how to get what I wanted thanks to you. (You understood my poorly worded query BigGrin)

That's something that I have learnt today, I didnt know you could do that either, actually I have never used the filtering, just shows how featured packed it is, and how much of it I dont use.