Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Metar/Taf stopped Skydemon

Author
b
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi folks,

Android Beta‌ 3.7.2.26499‌‌
What's here->Metar or Taf->Skydemon crashed

‌‌Bernd 
Malachy
M
Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)Too Much Forum (73 reputation)
My sky demon has crashed also - it just closes down within 10 seconds of opening it. Is anyone getting this problem?
George Reid
George Reid
Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)
Malachy - 4/15/2017 7:14:37 AM
My sky demon has crashed also - it just closes down within 10 seconds of opening it. Is anyone getting this problem?

I haven't experienced this problem on my Nexus 13.  However, while flying recently I encountered a brief problem. As I reached a waypoint I began to turn on to my new heading and the map began to rotate (I use Track Up). I received an alert that I would shortly enter controlled airspace (which is why I was turning). I tapped the screen to cancel the alert whilst the map was re-drawing.  I received a message that SkyDemon was not responding and was invited to Wait or Re-start the program.  I selected Wait and after a few seconds normal performance was restored.

George E A Reid

Ipad Mini 5,  IOS 14.4,  SD 3.15.0.288
PC(Win 10, Version 19041.804)  SD 3.15.0.0

berndalfred
b
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
For better understanding two screenshots. The same behaviour on samsung galaxy tab s2 and galaxy s6.

Bernd‌ 

berndalfred
b
...and the result 
Paul_Sengupta
P
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
GEAR - 4/15/2017 11:33:31 AM
I tapped the screen to cancel the alert whilst the map was re-drawing.  I received a message that SkyDemon was not responding and was invited to Wait or Re-start the program.  I selected Wait and after a few seconds normal performance was restored.

This is part of the same "slow map" issue that the latest full release has. So it appears all is not quite well with the beta in this regard.

judge
judge
Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)
Same on Samsung TAB2 also beta 3.7.2
"U‌nfortunately, SkyDemon has stopped"

W‌hats going on guys.... 
s‌erdar
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Guys, beta software sometimes crashes. That's because we are introducing new features and their stability is not yet fully evolved. If you don't want this instability, don't use beta versions.

Thank you for reporting the crash, which is an issue that has already been resolved ready for the next beta. ‌‌
berndalfred
b
Tim Dawson - 4/18/2017 11:54:56 AM
Guys, beta software sometimes crashes. That's because we are introducing new features and their stability is not yet fully evolved. If you don't want this instability, don't use beta versions.

Thank you for reporting the crash, which is an issue that has already been resolved ready for the next beta. ‌‌

Hey Tim, I know, that a Beta is just a test. So my post was a report, nothing else. Stay cool.

Thanks

George Reid
George Reid
Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.3K reputation)
Paul_Sengupta - 4/17/2017 12:32:41 AM
GEAR - 4/15/2017 11:33:31 AM
I tapped the screen to cancel the alert whilst the map was re-drawing.  I received a message that SkyDemon was not responding and was invited to Wait or Re-start the program.  I selected Wait and after a few seconds normal performance was restored.

This is part of the same "slow map" issue that the latest full release has. So it appears all is not quite well with the beta in this regard.

I re-loaded version 3.7.0 today then went flying.  No problems on either flight (each flight approx. 1 Hr 15 mins duration)

George E A Reid

Ipad Mini 5,  IOS 14.4,  SD 3.15.0.288
PC(Win 10, Version 19041.804)  SD 3.15.0.0

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search