Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Swipe for PLOG?

Author
Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I was flying today and I am trying to use the digital PLOG rather than relying on a printed copy as I always seem to misplace and destroy the paper version in flight. Therefore from now on I will keep a paper copy clipped to my chart but will only use it if the iPad dies or overheats.

Anyway flying today I was using the PLOG quite a bit but found it difficult to keep having to press on the menu button and then select it and then press the close button on my iPad mini to return to main screen. I found that due to vibration in the cockpit, and my desire to look out as much as possible and avoiding being head down, I keep pressing the wrong buttons. So is there an easy way to access the PLOG?

If not I would recommend a quick access feature whereby swiping right across the screen from left to right will drag the PLOG into view from the left (just like how the compass rose is dragged up). It could be that to initiate this you have to put your finger on the blue navigation instruments on the left of the screen and then drag right. Once in the PLOG, swiping from right to left will move the PLOG back to the left and return you to the main Navigatiin screen. This would make regularly accessing the PLOG both easier and quicker.

Would anyone else like to see a feature like this added?
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
4535jacks - 4/12/2017 9:51:54 PM
I was flying today and I am trying to use the digital PLOG rather than relying on a printed copy as I always seem to misplace and destroy the paper version in flight. Therefore from now on I will keep a paper copy clipped to my chart but will only use it if the iPad dies or overheats.

Anyway flying today I was using the PLOG quite a bit but found it difficult to keep having to press on the menu button and then select it and then press the close button on my iPad mini to return to main screen. I found that due to vibration in the cockpit, and my desire to look out as much as possible and avoiding being head down, I keep pressing the wrong buttons. So is there an easy way to access the PLOG?

If not I would recommend a quick access feature whereby swiping right across the screen from left to right will drag the PLOG into view from the left (just like how the compass rose is dragged up). It could be that to initiate this you have to put your finger on the blue navigation instruments on the left of the screen and then drag right. Once in the PLOG, swiping from right to left will move the PLOG back to the left and return you to the main Navigatiin screen. This would make regularly accessing the PLOG both easier and quicker.

Would anyone else like to see a feature like this added?

All you have to do to bring up the Plog is to tap the Position Report just below the row of instruments. Tapping the Back button takes you back to the chart.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

4535jacks
Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)Too Much Forum (428 reputation)
Thanks, I did not know that! Still swiping would be easier both the access and exit the screen for those of us using small screens or lacking the fine motor skills. If not there is still the opportunity for another feature, such as scratchpad, to be quickly accessed on an iPad by swiping from left to right.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
The scratchpad is already accessed by swiping during flight.

Perhaps a read of the manual would be beneficial, as if you're looking for shortcuts, that is where they are all described.‌‌
4535jacks
Tim Dawson - 4/13/2017 4:22:55 PM
The scratchpad is already accessed by swiping during flight.

Perhaps a read of the manual would be beneficial, as if you're looking for shortcuts, that is where they are all described.‌‌

Tim, I will have a read of the manual (I have also had a 2.5 hour lesson from Rob Hart last year believe it or not!).   

T‌hanks again‌

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search