Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Radio pop up

Author
Steve8776
Too Much Forum (515 reputation)Too Much Forum (515 reputation)Too Much Forum (515 reputation)Too Much Forum (515 reputation)Too Much Forum (515 reputation)Too Much Forum (515 reputation)Too Much Forum (515 reputation)Too Much Forum (515 reputation)Too Much Forum (515 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
During flights I regularly use the radio frequency button to bring up my next frequencies as part of FREDA checks... however a couple of things repeatably occur to me

1) it filters on the next local frequencies and I often can't see the frequency I may need in 30 minutes flight time on my current route

2) the close button is a colour (yellow I think) that in a bright cockpit especially whilst wearing brown tint glasses in next to invisible not to mention dofficult to hit during turbulence. How about a tap on the map to close dialogue such as radio or weather pop ups during navigation...or a clearer and bigger close button
Martin Bech
Martin Bech
Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.7K reputation)
Radio button is great, but I miss the ATIS freq. The ATIS freq. is in the PLOG. Any reason to not having ATIS freq. under Radio Button?
Massimo Belloni
Massimo Belloni
Too Much Forum (741 reputation)Too Much Forum (741 reputation)Too Much Forum (741 reputation)Too Much Forum (741 reputation)Too Much Forum (741 reputation)Too Much Forum (741 reputation)Too Much Forum (741 reputation)Too Much Forum (741 reputation)Too Much Forum (741 reputation)
Martin Bech - 3/22/2018 2:17:24 PM
Radio button is great, but I miss the ATIS freq. The ATIS freq. is in the PLOG. Any reason to not having ATIS freq. under Radio Button?

What abount integrating this with Garmin SL40 protocol? In such case, in flight, the radio memory is kept up-to-date by SD automagically, so that you will have all the relevant frequencies for the flight surroundings ready to be used at any time (over than Garmin meny other radio implemet this feature, such Trig)

Massimo Belloni

swordmap
s
Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)
mxb - 3/26/2018 8:43:37 PM
Martin Bech - 3/22/2018 2:17:24 PM

What abount integrating this with Garmin SL40 protocol? In such case, in flight, the radio memory is kept up-to-date by SD automagically, so that you will have all the relevant frequencies for the flight surroundings ready to be used at any time (over than Garmin meny other radio implemet this feature, such Trig)

You're right: SL-40 is one of the most interesting and useful feature that almost all the most modern radio already implement. It is a pity that looks like it has not been considered to be included among the many SD feature (and it's lack is the main reason why I do not use SD, which is perfect for all the rest).

Sword

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search