Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Update of Data, Charts, Plates - how is it handled?

Author
R
Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Community,

as I´m still a newbie to "the demon" I´d like to ask one further question concerning the procedure of updating plates, data, charts, aip...

a) is there a "magic button" which tells "the demon" to check and download all updates of active charts and all the purchased products?
b) if not: is there a reason which I can´t recognize at the second?‌
c) if a) and b) is negative: does "the demon" tell me anyhow that there are updates available?
d) ...or is no button, attention or action of the user needed because "the demon" will become active itself and managing all the updates quietly in the background when recognizing an internet-connection?

Sorry to bother you with simple questions like this but "keeping the data up to date‌‌‌‌" easily, without searching for "who has uptdated something" and anytime before "go flying" is one of the main reasons for me to use the digital solution.

Renzo‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
SkyDemon prompts you when new charts are available.

AIP documents and purchased products which are part of the SkyDemon document repository are not downloaded automatically; if you wish to have the latest ones available for a flight, you can use the tool to bulk download them. Otherwise, they are downloaded on demand.

Live data such as NOTAM‌‌, TAF and METAR is downloaded continuously as long as internet connectivity is available.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search