Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

GP on pseudo ILS out..

Author
Liam Sandie
Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
This has been the case for as long as i can remember. SD is set to standard 3 degree glide path but the glide almost always shows fly down even if perfectly aligned on the actual GP. Towards the later stages of the approach it vanishes altogether.

Any‌ suggestions on the cause?

https://www.instagram.com/liam548/

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
Liam548 - 3/14/2017 5:08:09 PM
This has been the case for as long as i can remember. SD is set to standard 3 degree glide path but the glide almost always shows fly down even if perfectly aligned on the actual GP. Towards the later stages of the approach it vanishes altogether.

See Page 71 of the SD Manual.

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

Liam Sandie
Liam Sandie
Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.4K reputation)
Sky Painter - 3/15/2017 8:15:13 AM
Liam548 - 3/14/2017 5:08:09 PM

See Page 71 of the SD Manual.

I have and my questions are still valid.  The feature is enabled and i know it is supposed to vanish under 500ft. But I'm referring to the whole approach.

https://www.instagram.com/liam548/

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Look at the actual altimeter reading in SkyDemon at an exact position. You can double-check the reading once you've got that. Chances are, your GPS is giving you a different altitude than your pressure altimeter in your aircraft, which explains the discrepancy. GPS altitude is notorious for such inaccuracies in the vertical plane.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search