Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

exporting flight plan to Dynon Skyview whilst using PilotAware

Author
david.perl
Too Much Forum (225 reputation)Too Much Forum (225 reputation)Too Much Forum (225 reputation)Too Much Forum (225 reputation)Too Much Forum (225 reputation)Too Much Forum (225 reputation)Too Much Forum (225 reputation)Too Much Forum (225 reputation)Too Much Forum (225 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I‌ve recently started using PilotAware (PA) (great bit of kit) so in connectivity options of SD ive set this to flarm and use the PA‌ wifi network in the ipad wifi settings. However this means i cant easily export the flight plan from SD to my dynon skyview (SV) system.  

‌‌At the moment im having to change connectivity options to Dynon, change the wifi to my Skyview network, export the flight plan into the SV system, then change the connectivity options back to flarm, change the wifi network back to the PA wifi and then go navigating.

I‌ve tried sharing the flight plan to the SD on my iphone and use this on the Dynon network only but i cant seem to share the flight plan vie apple airplay unless both phones are on an internet enabled wifi. When they are both connected, airplay allows me to open the flight plan on my iphone.

‌‌ Ive tried saving the flightplan to the cloud and opening downloading this on my iphone SD ap, but it seems i can only be logged into one mobile device at a time to access flight plans in the cloud. Ive also tried sending the flight plan via email or text to my iphone but cant seem to then open the flight plan in the iphone ap

W‌hilst its a minor irritation I wonder if there is an easier fix to this‌? 

thanks for any input‌

‌‌
‌‌

‌‌
Edited 3/5/2017 8:45:30 AM by david.perl
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
I don't think there is going to be a straightforward solution to this. When it comes to connectivity, you can only be connected to one Wifi hotspot at one - the PilotAware or the Dynon.

I would have expected Airplay to work, but I am not an Airplay expert. I think it uses a combination of wifi and Bluetooth but I may be wrong about that. If it worked, obviously it would solve the problem but I can't help to explain why it isn't working, sorry.‌
david.perl
david.perl
Too Much Forum (225 reputation)Too Much Forum (225 reputation)Too Much Forum (225 reputation)Too Much Forum (225 reputation)Too Much Forum (225 reputation)Too Much Forum (225 reputation)Too Much Forum (225 reputation)Too Much Forum (225 reputation)Too Much Forum (225 reputation)
thanks Tim

I‌ ve decided to free up a serial input to the dynon skyview (there are only 5) and wire a  PA output via a USB serial converter so that I can use the SV display for the traffic and keep the SD on the dynon wifi network.

A‌ny thoughts on being able to port over the SD maps into the SV? the EasyVFR maps are pants IMHO.‌
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
You can't get any maps other than Dynon maps on the Skyview. I'm aware that other products allow you to update the aeronautical data on the Skyview with their data, but that isn't our business model and even if it were, the maps would still be Dynon maps.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search