Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Belgian AIP problem on file EB_AD_2_ELLX_en.pdf

Author
Francis
Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there seems to be a problem when trying to download all files from Belgian AIP to my iPad.
‌Airfields Tab > Tools > Download AIP > Belgium
Each time I try to download all files I get this error :

I have‌‌ to add that this is not new. 
‌I experienced this already several months ago in other SD versions, but forgot about it, until yesterday I wanted to update my files.
Current version : 3.7.1.61
Thank you for looking into this.
Regards
Francis
‌‌‌‌
Post ‌‌Edit : S‌orry to have posted this in the Navigation Forum

Edited 2/22/2017 2:44:39 PM by Francis
Francis
Francis
Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.8K reputation)
SemperFi - 2/22/2017 3:23:37 PM
That appears to be a very common error message when something goes wrong on the network connection. I do see this quite often,  stopped bothering and simply ignore it.

Euh ... ignore it ?  And what about the download ? 
‌As the error comes up right from the start, NO files are downloaded.
Manual download ? No thank you, don't know how many files there are, but to much for manual download.
I never experienced problems with other countries, only this one file stops all other downloads from belgian AIP.

Francis
Francis
SemperFi - 2/22/2017 4:51:26 PM
Just restart the download. Are you on a weak line?
I hope you don't want me to answer that.
As I said, all other countries dow‌nload fine, but for Belgium where I get the same error over and over again, even after restart.
‌The problem is only with my iPad.
The error message indicates : The requested plate was not found.‌ 
‌I found the file here :
https://www.belgocontrol.be/opersite/eaip/eAIP_Next/pdf/EB_AD_2_ELLX_en.pdf
How can I get it to my iPad ?
‌Do I need to do a Clear Cache and start the downloads all over again ? 
‌Does a Clear Cache have an influence on seperately bought DFS German VFR AIP ?
‌Any ideas on this one ?
grtz
Francis

Edited 2/22/2017 11:07:28 PM by Francis
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
That looks like it's the textual information file for Luxembourg airport. What happens if you try manually downloading just that plate for display, from the list of plates for Luxembourg?
Francis
Francis
Tim Dawson - 2/23/2017 10:54:12 AM
That looks like it's the textual information file for Luxembourg airport. What happens if you try manually downloading just that plate for display, from the list of plates for Luxembourg?

Hi, I get a similar error :

I can download other plates but that one

Edited 2/23/2017 11:07:07 AM by Francis
Francis
Francis
on5ap - 2/23/2017 11:07:07 AM
Tim Dawson - 2/23/2017 10:54:12 AM

Hi, I get a similar error :

I can download other plates but that one

what can I do to solve this ?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
You could contact our customer support, they may have some ideas.
Francis
Francis
Tim Dawson - 2/27/2017 10:08:45 AM
You could contact our customer support, they may have some ideas.

I did as you suggested, contact support and this is what they replied :
You just need to open the Airfields tab and tap the Add button, then enter ELLX and select Luxembourg from the list of results. When this is done you should be able to return to All Documents > Tools and continue with the Download All with no further problems.I hope this helps.

And YES it did ;-)
Update all works again smoothly ;-)

‌‌‌

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search