Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Leeds Bradford frequecy incorrect

Author
I
Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The frequency for Leeds Bradford Radar is incorrectly shown on SkyDemon - both in 'route information' and in the 'information' page for the airport.

You are still showing it as 133.125 whereas it is now 134.575.

Strange, as you have for a while been publishing a notam publicising this change.

This caused some difficulty today when flying in the vicinity of Leeds Bradford Airport and being unable to find the correct frequency on SkyDemon.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
If you consult the UK AIP entry for Leeds Bradford you will find that we are showing the same frequency. This is the current official permanent frequency for the airfield. If it has changed at short notice, there will be a NOTAM advising of the change which (as you've acknowledged) we will display. However for the change to become part of our permanent data, the permanent AIP entry will need to change. This is all by design.

‌‌Thank you for reporting this, but please rest assured this is how it's supposed to work, and as soon as the official permanent data changes, it will in SkyDemon too. In the meantime we advise the short-notice change via NOTAM so pilots are aware.
Ian
I
Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)
Thanks for that.
I have checked and agree that the 'official' frequency is still 133.125 (even though the change of frequency is described as 'permanent' in the notam).
I wonder why on earth they don't change it 'officially' then, when nats do so much complaining about people not contacting ATC?
Still, not Skydemon's problem and thanks for the reply.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
It just takes a few months I think, if for some reason the change wasn't known about sufficiently in advance.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search