Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Problems with zoom and DFS-subscription

Author
drnicolas
Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I ordered the DFS subscription in addtion to my Basic Skydemon.
The complete plates-section and also the AiP was downloaded and should now be complete on my iPad.

A first quick and only simluated flight from EDFZ to EDFE has not shown the expected behavoiour:

Beginning the Simulation in EDFZ showed the Approach plate in the base map - this is as expected.
Approaching EDFE, the Approach plate for EDFE did not appear. I had to manually open it by tapping Airport Information, than the plate was visible.
Maybe this is a EDFE-specific behaviour as EDFE has two approach plates - one bigger for the whole TMZ and one smaller for the pattern only.
To be honest: I love the very Basic layout for the pattern and Approach routes without having the DFS subscription. It is absolutely clear! Congratulations
Doing the same simulated trip again, the plate did not appear again! Am I doing something wrong ?

ANother question is about Autozoom:
1. Is there a kind of autozoom‌‌‌‌‌‌ which automatically zooms in as I come closer to my airfield? It would be perfect to zoom in so that the complete pattern fills the Screen.
2. Is there a Setting where I can configure at which distance the Approach plates or the pattern symbols show up‌? At least, I did not find any setting for this and the Manual alo does not tell me something about that..
3. Any News about geo-referenced Airport-Charts ? We had this about a year ago, I know‌
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)
Hello,

Georeferenced plates do not open automatically when there is more than one of them. You must explicitly open the one you want, when you want it.

1. SkyDemon does not current have any auto-zoomin‌g behaviour on the map
2. No, the zoom scale thresholds for traffic guidance to appear are fixed
3. We georeferenced a small selection of aerodrome plates in Germany last year or the year before. We don't get a lot of demand for this, and the plates do not lend themselves to accurate georeferencing, so they're not part of our standard selection.‌‌
drnicolas
drnicolas
Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 2/15/2017 1:08:37 PM
Hello,

Georeferenced plates do not open automatically when there is more than one of them. You must explicitly open the one you want, when you want it.

1. SkyDemon does not current have any auto-zoomin‌g behaviour on the map
2. No, the zoom scale thresholds for traffic guidance to appear are fixed
3. We georeferenced a small selection of aerodrome plates in Germany last year or the year before. We don't get a lot of demand for this, and the plates do not lend themselves to accurate georeferencing, so they're not part of our standard selection.‌‌
@1 and @2: A nice-to-have-feature. I suppose, many users would love this
For the multiple VAC-plate‌ - this was subject of an earlier thread. But it is bad situation sitting in your plane, waiting for the VAC to pop-up and nothing happens. Therefore the basic pattern-drawing is a great feature which I do not want to miss!  Of course @1 and @2 apply.

Thank you‌‌

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search