Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

ED-R 150 thread...

Author
m
Too Much Forum (247 reputation)Too Much Forum (247 reputation)Too Much Forum (247 reputation)Too Much Forum (247 reputation)Too Much Forum (247 reputation)Too Much Forum (247 reputation)Too Much Forum (247 reputation)Too Much Forum (247 reputation)Too Much Forum (247 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi everyone,

‌I cannot seem to find the ED-R 150 thread that went on here for some pages. I, too, disagree with SD's decision of not including it in the data. I was looking for the custom file that on of the participants thankfully attached...has this thread been deleted? Or am I just too stupid to find it?

‌If it's gone, I would be grateful for the original poster to attach this file here again. Thanks in advance!

‌Best regards
‌Matthias
kobaje
kobaje
Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)
Strange. I can't find it either. I looked up my profile because all my posts are listed there. Nothing.
You can send me a PM with your email adress and I'll send it to you.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
Kobaje, would you mind posting the file here?

I believe the original poster of that thread deleted it when he decided to flounce from this forum. ‌‌
bsdchapman
bsdchapman
Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.6K reputation)
Hi all,

I‌ got caught out with this last night.  Fortunately, it sounded like a couple of other people on frequency did too. It is a Restricted Area, and it really should be show (or at least categorized as 'other airspace').

I‌f there is a custom definition file out there, I'd like a copy!!
kobaje
kobaje
Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.7K reputation)
Hi,

you can find the file attached (it was not built by me and I hope the author is happy with sharing it)
Maybe actually there is a demand for this airspaces to be shown‌‌...

R‌egards
J‌ens
Attachments
EDR150MILcenterlines.airways (545 views, 7.00 KB)
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
It's not on the regular paper DFS charts for Germany, so we decided to omit it on our charts too. That's because it's quite large and would make the charts unnecessarily complex for the vast majority of our users.
Hetzenauer
H
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 2/20/2017 10:19:29 AM
It's not on the regular paper DFS charts for Germany, so we decided to omit it on our charts too. That's because it's quite large and would make the charts unnecessarily complex for the vast majority of our users.
Hello!
Now this is my first post here and I would like to say thank you to the developers for your great app!‌‌
In Germany there are 3 different ICAO charts to be purchased due to special customer needs. The first shows sailplane areas, the second shows the night low flying system (NLFS, aka ED-R150) and the last one is the one you are reffering to.
Since night flying is very popular in Germany most of your customers (including me) are highly interested in that Feature, I guess.
It´s good to see the NOTAM regarding the activation of the NLFS‌‌ before the flight inside SD, so I have to switch over to ANP to identify the activated parts (only parts are activated at a time identified by overflying times between specific waypoints, e.g. GG1E to HH1 1907 - 2013z).
Those are shown here for example: http://www.dfs.de/dfs_homepage/de/Services/Newsletter/VFR-Newsletter-Archiv/2016/VFR-Newsletter%20Ausgabe%2002-2016/AIC_VFR_02_16_17MAR16_sig.pdf
In my opinion it would ‌be fantastic if you could add an overlay "NLFS" to the program - SD started as a tool that helped pilots to avoid airspace infringement, and this is an huge restricted airspace!
Thank you in advance and all the best from Germany,
Björn‌‌

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search