Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Aircraft Checklist Feature

Author
t
Too Much Forum (503 reputation)Too Much Forum (503 reputation)Too Much Forum (503 reputation)Too Much Forum (503 reputation)Too Much Forum (503 reputation)Too Much Forum (503 reputation)Too Much Forum (503 reputation)Too Much Forum (503 reputation)Too Much Forum (503 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Ever thought of adding an aircraft checklist module on?

‌A module could exist that allows users to define checklist pages/tabs, with titles and a list of items that can be ticked off as complete as the checklist is run.  Users would maintain responsibility for producing their own checklists, using the standard POH, AFM and paper checklists approved for their machine.

‌This idea being that without leaving the SkyDemon interface you can switch to a checklist while maintaining GPS data logging, and no home button clicking needed. I use ForeFlight's Checklist program for iPad. It is great as I have added important items that weren't on my "approved" paper check list (like parking brakes prior to startup!). Pulling up the correct emergency checklist is very fast, and if techniques or AFM changes or gets additions, it is easy to add to a checklist or amend if appropriate.  You could even associate the correct checklist with aircraft model type allocated to the route planned.

adhawkins
adhawkins
Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)Too Much Forum (28K reputation)
This has been asked for before I think, and it's certainly something I would find useful.

T‌here'd have to be an easy way of defining the checklists (ideally doing it through the PC app then uploading them to the cloud) rather than having to type them in on a tablet or other device.

G‌ets my vote though, definitely.

A‌ndy
‌‌‌‌
rg
rg
Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)
This would be a great addition

rg
rg
Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)Too Much Forum (10K reputation)
SemperFi - 2/6/2017 1:38:09 PM
What would be the benefit of such feature in excess to the current documents browser?

‌Right now you can have all your documents packed as PDF in the custom data section of Skydemon and if you enable the Speak Text option in iOS can also get a readout through a coupled BT device. Or are you simply asking for a button on the fly screen to go directly to the document browser?

The advantage wouldn't be if it was not a dumb list.  Other apps that have this feature have a checklist that you swipe or tick items off. E.g.

Edited 2/6/2017 2:20:43 PM by rg
Jalafu
Jalafu
Too Much Forum (952 reputation)Too Much Forum (952 reputation)Too Much Forum (952 reputation)Too Much Forum (952 reputation)Too Much Forum (952 reputation)Too Much Forum (952 reputation)Too Much Forum (952 reputation)Too Much Forum (952 reputation)Too Much Forum (952 reputation)

Hi everyone,

I´d like to come up with this topic again.

Is there any chance to implement a way to access the pdf-checklist(s) not via document browser (which unfortunately involves several clicks everytime one wants to take a look at the checklist and therefore is currently not an option for me during flight) but using a button/register (e.g. on the right-hand-side) or some kind of a (swiping?) shortcut? Which would also allow to reopen the previously used list?

Not a must have, but also a very nice feature would be the possibility to connect a checklist (e.g. based on document name) with the corresponding aircraft profile.

Am I the only one with a demand for this? And if not: Would you think of implementing it in a usable way? Of course it will not kill me to keep on using printed checklists ;-), but this quite easy feature would definetly erase the last printed document from my cockpit (aside from my printed backup stuff in my bag).

Tanks & regards

JL
‌‌‌

geohawk
geohawk
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
I agree with everyone else about having an intelligent checklist.
I'd like to go to a fully digital cockpit, and would love for SkyDemon to fill the whole role, but it isn't currently able to...
I still have to lug my checklists and scratchpads around, which defeats the point of owning a tablet.

In principle, I use SD b/c it is cheap and does a great job (in europe) but as I am focusing on eliminating 'clutter' from my cockpit and flight habits, SD may have to go if it can't help eliminate / alleviate these issues.

Checklists are easy to program, as are tabbed scratchpads. These two would eliminate 90% of my paper.
The Weight and Balance is working great, so that's a  good plus, but things need to go  a step further.

With the introduction of Garmin Pilot and ForeFlight to Europe, the chart fees are looking less expensive as part of a holistic Flight Management Package. Being an international pilot made me really appreciate SD, but after flying to Oshkosh this year, I'm starting to get a little fidgety and picky now... Smile

Europe was in a bubble, but the world's getting smaller.

Thanks for 4 years of a great app! It has been fantastic, and nearly hassle-free. The Cloud functionality is seamless and really appreciated. Thanks.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)SkyDemon Team (621K reputation)
Geohawk, if another app works better for you, I would encourage you to use it.

There is relatively little support for app-integrated checklists here in Europe. We already provide functionality for integration of user-defined PDFs which seems to go a long way towards satisfying what people want. I realise some people want to be able to tick little boxes next to each item, but it doesn't seem to be something people want a great deal.

A feature being "easy to program" doesn't make it right to include.‌ ‌‌
geohawk
geohawk
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
Thanks Tim, I'll keep that in mind.

Ashkirby
Ashkirby
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
I know Tim has already replied to this but as its the most recent post on this topic I just wanted to say this is something I would like to see also!

For me the benefits would be that the item state on the checklist could be stored while the flight is in progress, to avoid the usual feelings of "hang on how far down that checklist did I get, before ATC started talking and I had to write something down" or passenger interruptions etc.

Obviously I recognise that this is already available in separate apps and there is a workaround with the PDF documents feature, it would just be nice if everything was in the same app, possibly even just as a menu item under the SkyDemon logo button during flight, along with the Scratchpad etc. which could then if enabled create a prompts or reminder if say the pre-takeoff checklist had not been completed and the aircraft entered a runway, but then again that sort of feature may just be on my wish list along with RAAS style warnings BigGrin

Just my opinion!
Ash

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search